Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome

Article about: Bought from vets son,I wouldnt have but he said he had no interest in firearms,worked for me.His dad was an officer in the Navy.Any opinions are welcome,had this rig over 15 years.

Default 1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome

Bought from vets son,I wouldnt have sold it if it were my dads,wow! but he said he had no interest in firearms,worked for me.His dad was an officer in the Navy.Any opinions are welcome,had this rig over 15 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome   1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome  

1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome   1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome  

1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome   1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome  

What a beauty. The whole set is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

William

Extremely nice rig. Thanks for sharing.
    John

OMG...yea ...I dont want it ...not interested in it....I dont like guns.

A TON of history there with all the accoutrements ..... YEA WORKS FOR ME TOO
    I just cant imagine what goes through peoples minds..that holster has alot of impact in that photo alone,,because it shows usage !!

Nice pick up TC ...Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Another Beautiful pistol

That set up just makes that one a awesome addition!!!
    The whole kitten kaboodle right there!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys I appreciate it!Its nice when these things stay together,its just as brought back.Holster has ser no of pistol written inside holster flap and ammo pouch too.Med pouch still has issued items inside.The vets son said he was left it after his dad died and he put it up,never fired it,I believe it.Pistol is very near as issued.A few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome   1911a1 Colt rig,vet officers pistol opinions welcome  

That is a beautiful set
    Last edited by Chopperman; 10-10-2017 at 11:20 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

My dream rig
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

A few years ago I had a student in one of my gun classes bring in his Grandfathers 1911 from WWI. It was in the same condition. I drooled quite a bit with that one. This complete set is as rare as it gets !!! Thanks for sharing it.

Burt

Beauty - and the serial dates it to 1943!! it doesn't get better than that Well done - nice score

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast