Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1913 Luger

Article about: I have just picked up this lovely clean 1913 DWM Luger. It is all matching numbers...except for the magazine. It was "liberated" from a German Officer in 1945, and yet appears to h

Default 1913 Luger

I have just picked up this lovely clean 1913 DWM Luger. It is all matching numbers...except for the magazine. It was "liberated" from a German Officer in 1945, and yet appears to have no major wear. Also it has no stock lug to the backstrap. I know very little about such early Lugers so if you spot anything of significance about this one please let me know. I don't intent on using this one on the range as its just too nice. What you see in the pictures is as I got it. I have not cleaned ot oiled it as yet.
    I really like this one, I hope you do too.
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

1913 Luger   1913 Luger  

What a beauty D !!!

That's a nice pistol. Does it have the hold-open catch? It wasn't present on the early models, but I can't remember what year they started using it.

Beautiful.

Hi HARRY THE MOLE,
    Yes, this one has the hold open fitted.
    D

Very nice looking luger.
    1913 was a transitional period for lugers. Some had stock lugs and some did not. Some were re-worked for the hold open devise and some were not. I am just speculating here as to the history of your luger. I would bet it was a personal firearm of an officer from the first WWI and was pasted down to a son during the Second World War. Reason is because it is in such good shape. The owner took care of it. Just my thoughts…….

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Hi John,
    I was thinking along those lines myself. Its not a gun that was used here in Jersey during the German Occupation, but was brought over after the war by a chap who flew in from Paris with it in his suitcase to give to a friend in Jersey. It has never been fired since the day it was liberated in 1945 and not sure if it was fired much before that.
    D

Do you collect Lugers D ?

Cheers

Most officer private purchase P08s were either 1908 or 1914 9mm commercial models. This 1913 with the hold open added was most likely an issue pistol to a Prussian, Saxon or Baden unit. Bavarian and Wurttemberg issue pistols were never retrofitted with hold-opens.

Hi HistoryMan,
    I have one or two in my collection, they are a beautiful looking piece of art.
    D