Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

1914 Spandau MG08

Article about: They were acquired complete and not pieced together. The story I got on the MG08 is that it was a J. Curtis Earl gun that he pulled from a VFW Hall in California back in the late '60s or ear

?

Default 1914 Spandau MG08

Here is my fully functional, fully transferrable, 1914 Spandau MG08. It is mounted on a Polish reproduction sleigh and has a mint, perfect, inter-war ZF12 mounted.

Default Re: 1914 Spandau MG08

Truly awesome and must be a blast to fire. Does it fire a shortened 7.92 round. looks in great shape and thanks for sharing

?

Great MG.
    Have you brought it to Knob Creek?

?

It fires original German 7.92x57 (8mm) Mauser ammo and runs perfectly on Romanian light ball surplus loaded into tabbed Vickers belts. Here is a very short video of Dolf Goldsmith shooting it during our 2011 Fourth of July shoot.

http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/l...g1914Maxim.mp4

I've never been to Knob Creek. We have very nice MG shoots in central Texas without the need to travel too far.

?

Even better.
    I like that you shoot these babies instead of just having them collect dust.
    Years ago in Bulgaria, I saw a Maxim complete with shield, wheels and coolant container for sale.
    I so wanted to take that baby home, but might have had some explaning to do when wheeling that thing through the check-in.

?

There appears to be a glut of Russian maxims on the market at the moment so don't lose hope

MG34 the repro sled - how is it marked. There is rumoured that a Japanese company are soon to make repro sleds.

Here is a relic out of interest.
    Mark

Quote by Scout View Post
    Even better.
    I like that you shoot these babies instead of just having them collect dust.
    Years ago in Bulgaria, I saw a Maxim complete with shield, wheels and coolant container for sale.
    I so wanted to take that baby home, but might have had some explaning to do when wheeling that thing through the check-in.
    1914 Spandau MG08

?

Great pics of variations of the iconic gun

?

Quote by MG1918 View Post
    MG34 the repro sled - how is it marked. There is rumoured that a Japanese company are soon to make repro sleds.
    There are no markings on the sleigh anywhere. When I received the sleigh I did some calling around and found out that a gentleman in Florida imported a few of these repro sleighs from Poland. Each was handmade and no two were identical.

MG1918: I see you are interested inWWI vintage MG08s and MG08/15's. I am sure you would appreciate my 1917 LMG08/15. It too is live, fully functional, and legally registered. It is mounted on a homemade cradle which allows for shooting the LMG on a US M2 tripod.

Based on its serial number, 632a, it was manufactured in November of 1917. The back plate mounted safely switch is Mercedes marked. The fusee spring cover is mis-matched as are the feed block, locks, and barrels. The hardest part to find was the cross hair front sight.

Very nice Maxims.... BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thanks for sharing these beauties w/us...I enjoyed the video as well. Did you piece these together yourself or were they bought complete and ready to go? Forgive my ignorance on the subject! Glenn

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast