Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1916 gew98

Article about: Hi Everyone, This is my latest purchase over the weekend. Been searching for a WW1 G98 for awhile now for my WW1 Grouping and finally found it. Its a rendered, fully matching, Waffenfabrik M

Default 1916 gew98

Hi Everyone,

This is my latest purchase over the weekend. Been searching for a WW1 G98 for awhile now for my WW1 Grouping and finally found it.

Its a rendered, fully matching, Waffenfabrik Mauser A-G Oberndorf, 1916 GEW98. Has a fantastic stock, with nice staining around the receiver. Also seems to have the rear metal part to the sling still attached. Cant believe matching rifles from the first world still exist!

Overall extremely happy with the purchase and to me has great character. Go well with my 1917 Lee Enfield, once I have the new display room set up

1916 gew981916 gew981916 gew981916 gew981916 gew981916 gew981916 gew981916 gew98

Default Re: 1916 gew98

very nice rifle well done

tom

?

Why does your bolt not sit right ?. Someone has sanded and refinished the stock and reassembled the recoil crossbolt in backwards ( nut goes on bolt handle side of rifle ). And the ID disc in butt has the wrong kind of screw - is the disc from an enfield perhaps ?.

Nice rifle! Thanks for showing.

Regards

That is a beautiful rifle mate. I also like the stands, where could i get a couple of those?
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it like I do.

GEW98- The bolt sits right, I knocked it up slightly before the pics, and didn't notice until I had taken all the pics, didn't think it would matter to much. Didn't notice the screw or cross bolt, but at the same time doesn't detract from the look IMO

Nuno- Thanks mate. The stands I got make in the UK and brought over to sell here in OZ at the military shows I attend. I also have em for sale on the link in my signature. If you like I can give you my supplier or you can buy from me, just shoot me a PM

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, glad you like it like I do.

GEW98- The bolt sits right, I knocked it up slightly before the pics, and didn't notice until I had taken all the pics, didn't think it would matter to much. Didn't notice the screw or cross bolt, but at the same time doesn't detract from the look IMO

Nuno- Thanks mate. The stands I got make in the UK and brought over to sell here in OZ at the military shows I attend. I also have em for sale on the link in my signature. If you like I can give you my supplier or you can buy from me, just shoot me a PM
    Thank you mate, you gave-me an excelent idea.
    Here`s what a came up with.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1916 gew98  

?

1916 gew981916 gew98You'll need to find a spanner screw for the stock disc and turn around the crossbolt. I suggest a gentle cleaning of the receiver to at least take the oxidation offand give a little contrast with the rest of the rifle.

Good looking gun! How does an all matching gun effect the price?

Also could we see a pic of the rifle with the rest of the grouping?

Thanks,

Alec