Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1917 USA Enfield.

Article about: Hey guys, Purchased this a few weeks back. A rather nice 1917 Enfield, that still has its original blu finish and escaped the Parkerizing of WWII. Has original ww1 barrel. High chance that i

I have a bubba version for shooting, then an all original one that stays on display. They are hard to come by without Jed Clampet running the stock threw a table saw......

And to add credit to your previous point, my bubba version is a 1916..

Bubba bubba always ruining everything for us today! Still drives me crazy when I see people sportizing mosin nagants today. Everything dries up sooner or later. Getting a little off topic but you could buy mosins for $50-70 8 years ago? Now you are lucky to find them under $200.

Exactly! Try finding an original Carcano for under $200 either! I'm about to Hulk out speaking on that topic so I digress... Beautiful rifle!!

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Exactly! Try finding an original Carcano for under $200 either! I'm about to Hulk out speaking on that topic so I digress... Beautiful rifle!!
    I just sold an Carcano from 1913 for over $400! They used to be the laughing stock of the milsurp world. Now expensive to find original ones.

Very nice looking Eddystone.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Eddy stone is the most common one. But I was reading that the bulk of these (enfields 1917's) were sold surplus post WW1, most people bubbad them up and turned them into hunting rifles. So while not rare today, they are definitely not common in original condition. See probably 10 1903's to every 1917.
    I didn't really look to closely at it. But appeared to be in average shape. I know it is still available and is one I need as I already have an Garand, Para M1, regular M1 Carbine, 03 and an 03-A3. As well as a US Lend Lease Savage Enfield No 4 Mark 1*
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    I didn't really look to closely at it. But appeared to be in average shape. I know it is still available and is one I need as I already have an Garand, Para M1, regular M1 Carbine, 03 and an 03-A3. As well as a US Lend Lease Savage Enfield No 4 Mark 1*
    Impressive most impressive! I got them all too minus the para carbine. I recently picked up a savage/Stevens Enfield. Mine is an early one. It's a No 4 mark 1 BUT NOT A * Version. I like them since they where made in MA! I have a commercial rifle made by savage.

MAP
    ?

Well I think we are also both missing the semi auto Johnson

My friend supposedly has two
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You're very unlikely to see any pics of them being used on active service with US forces during WW2-were almost exclusively used for training in the US-I have seen footage of them being used for funeral parade use firing volleys and in army training films of the time as well as Hollywood movies of the early/mid war period.
    There was some footage showing them being used in the Ardennes in 1944/45 in the doco series 'Ken Burn's The War' but it wasn't clear if they were French troops with US equipment or actual G.I.s.
    I have one that was made in Jan 1919 at the end of production when it became clear that the war was actually over-it was considered to have the M1917 replace the M1903 as the standard US rifle post WW1 as the stocks held of it were so large but the fact that the rear sights don't have windage adjustment told against the Enfield.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast