Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

1917 USA Enfield.

Article about: Hey guys, Purchased this a few weeks back. A rather nice 1917 Enfield, that still has its original blu finish and escaped the Parkerizing of WWII. Has original ww1 barrel. High chance that i

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well I think we are also both missing the semi auto Johnson

My friend supposedly has two
    Well if going into the really hard stuff to find we are missing a 190a4.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    You're very unlikely to see any pics of them being used on active service with US forces during WW2-were almost exclusively used for training in the US-I have seen footage of them being used for funeral parade use firing volleys and in army training films of the time as well as Hollywood movies of the early/mid war period.
    There was some footage showing them being used in the Ardennes in 1944/45 in the doco series 'Ken Burn's The War' but it wasn't clear if they were French troops with US equipment or actual G.I.s.
    I have one that was made in Jan 1919 at the end of production when it became clear that the war was actually over-it was considered to have the M1917 replace the M1903 as the standard US rifle post WW1 as the stocks held of it were so large but the fact that the rear sights don't have windage adjustment told against the Enfield.
    Interesting! I honestly think these are a better rifle than a 1903. I have seen a fair amount of pictures of these being used by the British home guard. (Could be P-14's) couldn't tell if that have the extra metal piece on the stock.

Was the free French primarily armed with these?

Free French were issued all sorts-old French, British and US stuff-British Homeguard used both the P14 and M1917 which both looked very similar but were not identical-red bands were painted on the forestock and buttstock to indicate that the M1917s used non standard .30-06 ammo in British use.

Nice rifle in nice original condition, but I'll take Cindy, thx ;-)

What's Cindy lol?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    What's Cindy lol?
    You should pay more attention to the pics you post ;-)

Alright alright what am I missing lol! Spelling error? I am at a lost lol!

MAP
    ?

This Cindy??

1917 USA Enfield.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Actually look at post number 9 Danny...find waldo.... but I still like my idea of cindy
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hahah wow... I would ride that thanks for clearing that up M.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast