Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate

Article about: I just wanted to show that there are some cool little finds still out there. I just picked this up from A widow that her husband brought back from the war. The gun has bin inside the holster

FNG
    ?

Default 1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate

I just wanted to show that there are some cool little finds still out there. I just picked this up from A widow that her husband brought back from the war. The gun has bin inside the holster so long It was kinda stuck. A very interesting grouping with the German holster. She will look for more items and hopefully paperwork. I will get more details later.

took some quick pictures despite poor lighting in my house. This pistol has bin through the war as it shows.

100% matching - minus magazine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate   1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate  

1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate   1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate  

1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate   1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate  

Attached Images Attached Images 1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate  1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate  1938 Tokarev - fresh from Vet's estate 

Nice find!The holster is for a Browning/FN hi power.The TT33s are getting harder to find,I have a 1938 also,congrats!

?

Excellent vet bring back.
    Looks like the Vet did a little of this and a little of that.
    I wonder if a pick up or a trade.

Semper Fi
    Phil

FNG
    ?

Yes they sure are. I hope she has some more little trinkets!

FNG
    ?

His daughter (in her eighties or so) said he always said he took it off a dead German so who knows but awesome pistol. Shows honest field use and not pitted

MAP
    ?

So much nicer to see this with bigger format photos than the cell phone.

A killer pick up with direct provenance!

And it looks like TC finally solved the holster ID issue! LoL!

Can't wait to hear more if there is anything else to be found.

At least, get the vets name, unit, etc. if at all possible.

Thumbs up!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

FNG
    ?

Thanks map!

Yes thanks TC for answering the holster mystery! Ill post if i get some more items from her.