Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Izhevsk standard Mosin Nagant 1891/30 Bonus

Article about: I was lucky recently I had ordered a standard Arsenal refurbished Izhevsk 1942 Mosin Nagant, to my suprise when it arrived i was examining it over and has the correct 1942 emergency pattern

Default 1942 Izhevsk standard Mosin Nagant 1891/30 Bonus

I was lucky recently I had ordered a standard Arsenal refurbished Izhevsk 1942 Mosin Nagant, to my suprise when it arrived i was examining it over and has the correct 1942 emergency pattern stock with no metal inserts in the rear sling loops, thin metal inserts in the front sling loops, no thumb recesses near the rear barrel band, it has a Tula marked butt plate with matching serial number (no sign of any other serial number underneath) - force matched serial under trigger guard, matching serial number to bolt. - Now here is the good part, i turned it over and noticed a long serial number on the left hand side of the barrel i knew this was a scope Serial number, and also the Izhevsk Acuracy sniper proof present (a large "C" in a circle,Tulas are normaly cH) so now realised what i had was an Ex-Sniper, sniper rifles that were converted to normal Infantry rifles during the rebuild process., i opened the bolt thinking it was going to be a common Ex PU sniper but was shocked to see two centered filled in holes where the scope mount once was, i now realised what i had was one of the last side Rail PEM snipers before they switched to the PU some time in 1942, the condition is excellent and for less than £180 I'm Happy.

What a great pick up!...

Nice little bonus when something turns out to be more than it first appears, may I ask, is this a live firer or de-ac...?

all you need now is a scope.well done.

?

Nice looking rifle. Good mix of Tula and Izhevsk parts!! And a side mount, too!!

thanks yes really pleased with it, sadly its deactivated i dont have a firearms license at the moment, so its the only way i can collect them without mr policeman paying me a visit. i dont thiink i am going to convert it back to a sniper, too much money and effort involved, if i was i would need to finfd an original side rail pem, mount and scope which are very rare - i think leaving it standard adds to its history