Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU

Article about: In the wake of some major issues with my M1, I got this. It's a 1943 dated ex PU sniper that saw use after refurb in another country, maybe the Balkans but since the stock was sanded I'm not

Default 1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU

In the wake of some major issues with my M1, I got this. It's a 1943 dated ex PU sniper that saw use after refurb in another country, maybe the Balkans but since the stock was sanded I'm not sure, the bore is pretty bright, some pitting but strong lands and groves. Only non matching part is the bolt body, the buttplate, floorplate are matching. I might get a correct WW2 stock for it and save the other one for something else. This is my first ex sniper, so now an actual PU sniper is in order in the coming years

George
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU   1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU  

1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU   1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU  

1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU  

Default Re: 1943 Izhevsk Ex- PU

Hi George, are you going to rebulid it with the scope?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I'll probably leave it alone, to re sniper this would cost more than what the rifle is worth

?

Nice looking rifle!

I'm going to start looking for another ex-sniper, too. I want to have one for my collection to go along with my restored ex-sniper. I think I'm going to have to "cull my heard" a bit though or my wife will kill me!!

Very nice looking rifle! Had you had the chance to shoot it yet?

Haven't had the chance to shoot it, might try to go next Saturday

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Haven't had the chance to shoot it, might try to go next Saturday
    Let us know how it shoots! I'll probably get around to testing my new sniper this wkend, too!