Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1943 Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. I

Article about: Hi guys, My girlfriend got this for me for my birthday! It's a 1943 No. 4 Mk. I made by ROF Maltby. I have ordered an original sling and a replacement rear sling mount. My rifle collection i

Hi,
    Very nice let us know how she shoots .
    Dave,

Thanks again for the kind words, guys. The sling arrived in the mail yesterday but I am still waiting on the rear sling swivel. She's almost complete!

What a wonderful girlfriend you have Mo,my misses wouldn't know where to even start looking,nice Enfield.........

Nice rifle. What is the metal stick on the front barrel band for?

Cheers,
    Emile

Emile, that's the stacking swivel. It lets you stick three rifles against each other, kind of like a teepee. They weren't popular among British troops, though, so many of them were quickly discarded.

Very nice, like it lots. Many happy hours with "her" I think!

Didnt know No4s had a stacking swivel?

The stacking/piling rod/swivel is a Turkish modification as they used Mausers with cleaning rods beneath the barrels for the same function-was not used on British rifles by the time of the adoption of the No.4 rifle-British piling swivels for the earlier LEs look like sling swivels with a cut out in the 'loop'-the Turks received the rifles as post war aid when they joined NATO-apparently large numbers were sold as surplus into the US in recent years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2