Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1943 M44 Mosin Nagant

Article about: I have the opportunity to purchase this 1943 M44 Izhevsk Nagant. As many know there were only 50000 produce during that year of production as a trial run. Im a little tight on cash at the mo

?

im usually pretty purist when it comes to things like this as well, but ive never been a fan of the cheap shellac job that was done postwar. Ive done a restoration on a 91/30 being very careful not to over sand and lose cartouches and it turned out great i get compliments on it at the range all the time. Id definitely take the same attention to detail on this one as well, just wanted to see your thoughts on the affected value from such restoration. It also appears to be a postwar stock based on the metal eyelets?

Yes the pressed in eyelets indicate post war stock. Mosins are all over the place with mixed and matched parts after a refurb. But its still an m44 so have fun shooting it.

?

broke down and bought it, will post pics once I received it and gave it a good cleaning.

Nice, that cartouche on the stock seems a war time stamp done at Izhevsk plant. If you don't mind, post some pics of the serialized parts, plus the pic of the main s/n on the barrel: it will tell definitely if the carbine passed trough refurb or not.

?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Nice, that cartouche on the stock seems a war time stamp done at Izhevsk plant. If you don't mind, post some pics of the serialized parts, plus the pic of the main s/n on the barrel: it will tell definitely if the carbine passed trough refurb or not.
    it is a refurb from what the seller tells me and which is evident by the shellac finish and the pressed sling eyelets, likely modifications done to the origanal stock postwar. will post more pics once i receive it hopefully by the end of the week.

Well, I guess that the seller's words are final, but shellac and pressed escutcheons were used also during WW2 production (late for escutcheons), so aren't definitive signs of refurb...

?

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    Well, I guess that the seller's words are final, but shellac and pressed escutcheons were used also during WW2 production (late for escutcheons), so aren't definitive signs of refurb...
    i guess we'll have to wait till it comes in to find out i shall share detailed photos as soon as i receive and clean it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2