Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1943 Springfield M1 Garand

Article about: Hello everybody! Its been several years since Ive posted here, but Ive recently acquired something to share! A 1943 Springfield Armory M1 Garand shooter! 1.7 million serial # puts it built J

Quote by Sarge View Post
    WHY have you blocked out the lase 3 digits on the rifles ser nr??? You afraid it is a stolen rifle and someone will recognize their ser nr??? Hell If I had a rifle stolen and what you showed matched that much of my ser nr you would get a visit from the local Polizei to check it out!
    Sarge
    Are you daft or something? This isn't a deactivated rifle, do you go about posting your SSN, DL or VIN # online? It would be empirically stupid to post information that only I have a use for. The only thing stolen about this rifle is what i paid for it.

Way to make a bad impression.

Quote by Sarge View Post
    As I said previously:
    I see NO Legitimate reason to block out any part of a ser nr on a firearm - Unless you have some reason to think that it might be a stolen gun!!! IF you have a bill of sale then you are covered if that were the case and no charges could be filed against you.

There is NO comparison to posting a firearms ser nr and all the other Krap you mentioned!!! A firearms ser nr Will Not lead anyone to you, altho you email address most probably would.

SO, as I said - WHY block out part of the ser nr unless you are a good bit paranoid!!!

I do not and IF I ever did it was 20 yrs ago when I first got on the internet before I realized how really senseless/useless it was to do so! Look thru any of my posts on any website where I have shown weapons out of my collection - there are NO ser nrs blocked out on anything be it a pistol or machine gun!
    Sarge
    You seriously are dense.
    In the state I live in, guns are REGISTERED TO THOSE WHO BUY THEM. Therefore, the serial number WILL link back to me. How do you think cops figure out who owns what gun when crimes are committed? THE SERIAL NUMBER, GASP.

And no a bill of sale WILL NOT cover you in the event you receive stolen property, even unknowingly. You have to go to court and defend yourself. You seem to be severely out of touch with the reality of owning firearms in certain states. IF the gun was stolen, it wouldve shown up when IT WAS RAN THROUGH THE ATF before being transferred to me, and I would not have it.As someone who claims to own NFA weapons, id think you would know that.

There is a legitimate comparison actually, the serial number of a gun registered to me belongs to ONLY ME, so why would other people need the number? Id gladly invite you to post your bank account info, social security, pension and credit card numbers and see if nothing negative happens. In the cyber world which we use, YOU are your first line of security.
    Last edited by sunsetIE; 06-05-2016 at 06:47 PM.

Let's move on.
    .very nice m 1 garand. I remember when you could buy them for 400 bucks all day long. There is a pawn shop in town that has one for a 1000 bucks with a gummy rigged receiver..ouch

Nice Garand regardless, like rocking horse poo here in the UK.

Quote by Sarge View Post
    WHY have you blocked out the lase 3 digits on the rifles ser nr??? You afraid it is a stolen rifle and someone will recognize their ser nr??? Hell If I had a rifle stolen and what you showed matched that much of my ser nr you would get a visit from the local Polizei to check it out!
    Sarge
    The person that started this thread is entitled to block/display/watermark whatever he wished to in his photos. There is no need to aggressively attack his personal preference in what he displays, unless you feel that this might be an M1 that has been stolen from you. If that is the case, I am sure you are aware of the avenues that would be available to you.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you RB.

Ive been going over the stock and I think it may be a Springfield stock, comparing it to what Ive read here : M1 Garand stock identification guide

Ive still been unable to find any cartouches on it. Made of walnut, It seems to have a U shaped triggerguard notch, small horseshoe, short barrel channel (1.5"), and diagonal op rod cut. All signs of a Springfield Armory stock. Im not totally sure, but I think it has a shorter radius grip, making it early ww2 production.

Anyone inclined to agree, or am I totally wrong?

Sling is korean as mentioned earlier, with korean stampings on the swivel and ink on the webbing. The odd part is the sling keeper is marked CHS, which I can find no reference to online. The keeper is postwar as its not flat like a ww2 keeper.

1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand1943 Springfield M1 Garand
    Last edited by sunsetIE; 06-08-2016 at 03:29 AM.

?

I also have a -28 receiver on my Garand. Serial number indicates June 1943 manufacture- 1736xxx. D42 with a diamond
    Barrel is 9-48 I think, marked d35448-37-a115 on top
    Bolt 12SA, b4c heat treat lot which seems correct.
    It had post war op rod and rear sights as well as a couple IHC trigger group parts but seems original otherwise except for a new stock.
    Apparently the -28 drawing number was a fairly narrow range as I can't find this revision # in any books or online...
    Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2