Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine

Article about: I don't think the value would be much more than a conventional more common production date. But it is just nice to have and makes a good selling point. Cheers, Ade.

Default 1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine

Just thought I'd show the latest addition to my collection, I've had it for a few weeks and have finally got round to photographing it. I've just also had a look on wikipedia and it says that there were very few of these weapons made in 1945 and that they are highly saught after by collectors? But being wikipedia I'm not too sure if this information is accurate, so would anyone else be able to let me know if this is in fact true?
    Anyway back to the carbine, for the price these things sell for they are very good value and I really suggest it to anyone thats thinking of starting a collection of deactivated weapons. Very cheap and easy to find, and also quite nice looking. Another advantage is that the deactivation leaves most of the bolt intact meaning that it can be cocked and dry fired, however will not chamber inert rounds.

Heres the pictures, hopefully you enjoy them.....

Thanks

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine   1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine  

1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine   1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine  

Default Re: 1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine

Some more.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine   1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine  

1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine   1945 (Late/Post War) M1938 Mosin Nagant Carbine  

Heres the last pictures and my small collection as it is at the moment

Thanks

Danny

?

Very nice example, Danny! I have the M44 Carbine, and they are very inexpensive. I've also heard the M38 Carbines were harder to find, but have never had a problem finding a few at shows.

It's a shame that you can only own a deactivated version as these are very fun and cheap to shoot. They always get a reaction at the range, too, because of the muzzle blast!

I think its the fact that is a 1945 dated M38 that makes it difficult to find, whether this is just something thats been made up I'm not too sure. Some point in the future I hope to get a M44 Carbine aswell or maybe the full rifle

It is a shame that they have to be deactivated to comply with out laws, however if you have the correct firearms licence you are able to own these. I havent seen anyone using one for hunting in the UK but I have seen Lee Enfields and Mauser K98 rifles. Maybe one day I'll get to fire one of these weapons

Thanks

Danny

?

You may be right about the 1945 dated version. Can't say I've seen an M38 at a show with that date stamp. I would assume they were mostly producing M44's by 1945.

I've fired both my Enfield and K98! Great rifles to shoot. There's quite a bit of Russian surplus 8mm ammo around for a decent price (not as good as 7.62x54 for the Nagant). .303 ammo on the other hand is a little on the pricey side as you mostly find factory ammo and no surplus. The Enfield was probably my favorite to shoot. Spot on accuracy with the iron sights and not as rough on your shoulder to shoot compared to the Nagant or K98.

Nice Mosin Nagant Danny, I was at the range with my dad about a week ago shooting my K98k and a guy next to us was shooting one, big muzzle flash and some of the heat got to my eyes but it looked nice over all. Gotta get one of them before prices go up on them

Hi Danny, the info about a 1945 dated example is correct. Scarce rather than rare as I have seen a few.

Nice example.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks for confirming that Ade looks like I got quite a good deal on it now that its rarer than the seller and I originally thought

Thanks

Danny

I forgot to ask, if I ever come to sell this rifle how much would it actually be worth? I'm guessing because its a lot harder to find than pre 1945 M38's it would be worth more?

Thanks for the comments

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast