Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time

Article about: by ObKrieger To me the K98 just feels more streamlined. The bolt is smoother and it doesnt have that little metal tab in it that slices my thumb to hell every time I load my Mosin. I prefer

Default 1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time

I picked this up about a month or two ago, sold my Steyr M95 Carbine and bought this for 100$. Hungary only made these for about two years, but they aren't that rare. The stock that it came with it was worn down and beat up I had to switch it out with the stock I got in New Mexico. I still have the original stock though. The rifle isn;t matched at all serial wise, the bolt is Polish, and the floorplate is Romanian.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time   1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time  

1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time   1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time  

1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time  

Default Re: 1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time

very nice how many have you got now

tom

?

wow, that is a 'Frankenstein' in a good way. I wouldn't mind to have one as far as it shoots tho

I've got 3 as of now, I might sell off one of my Russian M44's so I can get a M38. Most of the parts of 02 marked but one of the barrel bands is Russian made, the bayonet mount might be Polish also. Thanks guys!

?

Nice rifle anyway. They shoot quite well.

Thanks Datrus, I agree, one of mine will shoot point of aim. Been itching to shoot one of them out past 500 yards to see how it performs against one of my K98k's.

?

Do we have a WW2 rifle review coming up here? Could be interesting if you brought the two old enemies to the range one day. I think they will perform quite equally to be honest, in shooting/accuracy that is. The Mauser's bolt action runs a bit smoother than the Mosin. The Mauser bolt is still in use to this day in many precision rifles. I think Remington 700 is one of them. I don't think the same can be said about the Mosin. I could be wrong though.

To me the K98 just feels more streamlined. The bolt is smoother and it doesnt have that little metal tab in it that slices my thumb to hell every time I load my Mosin. I prefer the Mosin sights though.

I prefer the Mosin sights over any Mauser 'V' notch sights, I'm not aware of any modern bolt action rifle that uses the Mosin bolt though, I'll have to get out to the range this weekend to have a little shoot off between the two. The rifle in the pictures of this thread cut my palm the other day, it was a sharp little blur on the stripper clip notch.

?

I much prefer Ghost ring sights if i can choose. Yes stripper clips is something the devil invented on a bad day. Had the joy of trying to shoot the M1 Garand in the Army. Nice sights and the 8 round "loading frame", as we call it in Denmark is much better than clips. Just watch out for your thumb!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast