MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time

Article about: by ObKrieger To me the K98 just feels more streamlined. The bolt is smoother and it doesnt have that little metal tab in it that slices my thumb to hell every time I load my Mosin. I prefer

?

Default Re: 1953 Hungarian M44, hopefully my last M44 for a long time

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    To me the K98 just feels more streamlined. The bolt is smoother and it doesnt have that little metal tab in it that slices my thumb to hell every time I load my Mosin. I prefer the Mosin sights though.
    Is it the square on the charging handle you mean?

I've been lucky about not getting M1 Thumb, yet. Almost got it while at the range a few months back but the bolt slid under and pushed my thumb away. The sights on the M1 are some of the best out there

?

Haha M1 thumb ca really ruin ones day, and the next also. Agree on sights. I could make 3/4 size "human" target drop at 600 meters. Must be 620Yds or something. I was LMG shooter on MG 62 much the same as MG 42. We were 2 guys on the MG and our 2nd weapon was the M1. This was in the early 90's. A good thing never goes bad. Shot the M1 quite a lot. 30-06.... Don't want to be at the receiving end of that one.

Sorry.... off topic

I imagine a lot of German troops in WW2 probably feared the M1 due to it being a Semi Auto battle rifle, although did have the G43 but that rifle had some problems. I'll have to make a new thread of my M1 with some better pictures then the ones I uploaded some months back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2