Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle

Article about: Thats very true! Something about the burnt gunpowder in the air after a good day at the range brings history to life!

Default 2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle

Forum members

I have these in my possession for about 4 hours and couldn't wait to give you a sneak-peek. These are from a vet's son and he gave them to me to see if I wanted them. I have some research to do and will post many pictures if I purchase them. Included in the grouping is the Luft buckle with minty belt and the cleaning kits for the rifles. I also have the vet's personal medals. All will be shown if this lot pans out. I know how to shoot some rifles but WW2 German rifle information is not within my scope of knowledge. I have a collector friend that is knowledgeable in these things and after his review, and the purchase, I will post the serial numbers, markings, etc.

For now, enjoy these pics.

Greenhorn

2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Default Re: 2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle

I like them! I'm not a sporter fan but vet bring backs are fetching decent bucks now days.
    I just picked myself up a new one the other day!

?

The bottom 98k looks like an unmolested 98k and if all numbers match and bore is in good shape will bring major $$$$. The top one looks to have been cut down by someone, but who knows. The Luft buckle and belt should also bring $$$$.
    In any case good luck with your qwest.

NDShooter

Thank you. I like them too. I especially like that the cleaning kits are with them. What did you get the other day?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

My 1944; 135 BYF Mauserwerk (Oberndorf) K98
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle   2 K98's with cleaning kits and Luft buckle  

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    My 1944; 135 BYF Mauserwerk (Oberndorf) K98
    Fantastic! Planning to shoot through it? I will if I can. Maybe one time and clean it and then for the display!

I haven't shot it yet; but all I have for ammo at the moment is corrosive stuff that I shoot through my Russian Capture (Suhl) and clean up after. I reload so I'll have to hit the bench and get some bullets ready. If you're ever in North Dakota, Let me know and We'll go shoot some fun stuff!

S. Dakota last year. Mt. Rushmore. You live in a beautiful part of this country. Thanks for the offer, I hope I can take you up on it! Trigger time is a good time.

No Problem! Enjoy your new k98's if you buy them!

Quote by NDShooter View Post
    No Problem! Enjoy your new k98's if you buy them!
    Thanks, I plan to buy both if atleast one still functions. Otherwise, they both would be relics and I'd offer a C-note for both. I don't mind relics, just will not pay much for them. Not to mention, I like to shoot guns not just look at them. We are lucky in this country, many folks here on the forum are not able to shoot any guns!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast