Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 more K98's

Article about: After my first find, they are coming out of the woodwork. These 2 are owned by an elderly German gent in Germany. BYF 44 matching numbers with non-matching bayo, and 1937 Portuguese all matc

?

Default 2 more K98's

After my first find, they are coming out of the woodwork. These 2 are owned by an elderly German gent in Germany. BYF 44 matching numbers with non-matching bayo, and 1937 Portuguese all matching with correct matching bayo. I have researched the paperwork required to bring them into the States, and it doesn't seem too difficult. He is asking $1500 for the pair, as well as 5 bayonets including a short KM stag handled engraved dress one. From my research, they look good and the bores are supposed to be very nice. Copy strap noted.
    Any thoughts welcome.

2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's2 more K98's

Can't lose, at that kind of money.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Seems like a decent price for 2 mausers and the bayonets. Stock on the BYF 44 has the grooves up front I see. Heard the BYF 44s were a more common code. Good price as even R/Cs are fetching $400 or more these days. thanks for sharing.

Sold! Lol! Buy them!

?

Time to fill out some BATF paperwork! Thanks again guys.

Wood looks funky on the byf, doesn't look laminated and I'm pretty sure it should be, top guard doesn't match the rest of the wood, and what is that weird groove in the side of the stock under the rear site? The strengthening pin/disc looks weird also, or just overcleaned.

?

All I was told is that he is an elderly German gent with his own hunting area, but is now too old to use them. The do look incredibly clean, and yes, the BYF certainly looks to be non-laminated (I missed that), but I can have my friend check the number on the stock.

MAP
    ?

Looking at this from my small tablet, but the stock looks like it is laminated to me. If you look at the picture looking down on the receiver (#8?) I think I can see the layers...but then again it may just be the poor resolution of my tablet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There's something wrong with the byf's stock. Not only it is solid wood instead laminated, but it bears a couple of finger grooves, discontinued in German Mausers production after WWI. And it seems to me also too "beefy" around the barrel. I would suggest you to check all the numbers, bolt included.