Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

35.00 Underwood M1 carbine,what to do with it?

Article about: Will need op rod ,recoil spring,trigger group,bolt,have lots of mags.Bubba did his work on the stock and handguard and added front and rear sight.Would you guys buy some cheap parts and make

Thanks John,if parts are that pricey,wont be fixing this up,like you say would have way more in it than it would be worth.Oh well you win some you lose some,wondered why it was so cheap!Might stick it on GB and start at 1.00,anyway dont have much to lose!

?

Like you say, Toecutter, you could probably get your money back on the front band, then split it that little bit further and maybe even make a profit! Maybe...
    I think you said it has a good bore, so there must be some money in there...

Well, anyway, best of luck in selling the bits!
    Cheers,
    Bob

Thanks Bob!Yeah great bore.If someone out there already has some useable undesirable parts ,refinished ,pitted ect.dosent matter, sitting in a box they bought cheap years ago they might be able to build a shooter.Anyway will let you guys know what it brings,if it even gets a bid.The band is marked IS or SI Inland.The receiver top keeper piece is SG for Saginaw I think and looks undamaged someone might need one.It is what it is,cant go back in time.Seen some sporterized rifles but the this has to be the worst!

There was no Type II Barrel band marked SI, it is a cut down Type III Bayonet band.
    The SG Recoil Plate could get you even $$.
    Barrel has been cut down.
    If mine ? I'd offer it up on GB, just too costly to try to get in shooting condition. No telling how many $150+ Bolts you'd have to go thru to Headspace correctly.
    Someone will grab it and add their own touch to it!
    You'll profit in the end.
    Back when you could buy these for $35.00 it was common to see them 'Customized'

The real Killer is....
    That Receiver was Sub Contracted out by Underwood to the Intertype Corporation. That's what the T on the rear tang of the receiver stands for. Underwood used 4 different companies to make Receivers for them in their 2 mil serial number block. Dates range from ~late 43 - ~ 3-44.
    Sub made receivers were marked B, T, S, W..... All are hard to come by.

Good Luck,

VR,
    Charlie-Painter777

You know........
    I'd bet someone would grab this up and put a scope on it.
    They wouldn't have to deal with the Guilt of tapping a USGI receiver, since the rear sight Dovetails have already been ground away.

FWIW,
    Charlie-Painter777

Thanks Charlie!It went bye bye,sold it locally to a guy for 50.00,dont know what he was going to do with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2