Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

.45 1911a-1

Article about: I don't know if this will come out. My pics are 1.45 mb.I tried dropping them from thumbnails as stated in one of the other threads. Well..it didn't work.How do I downsize my pictures?

Default Re: .45 1911a-1 More Pics

Nice rig Packin, You take good pictures, and all the items together look great. I will have to go htrough all mine and take pics with all the crap included. Here is a pic of some of my .45's. I have the holsters filled already, but need to fill one more. But today they are a little out of my price range. Good luck on the hunt. Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture .45 1911a-1   .45 1911a-1  

.45 1911a-1   .45 1911a-1  

Default Re: .45 1911a-1

Wow Pakin9 and Kilroy! Colt's, Union Switch and Signal, National Matches. Nice Nice Nice.

Quote by copdoc View Post
    I love it when a plan comes together. If it works let me know and I'll buy a few more holsters and see if anything falls in them. That is a very nice rig.
    Thanks,and it's fun to shoot.

Hello Pompa, thanks, they are also part of my retirement account!! They are fun to shoot, as packin said. I shoot every WWII rifle and pistol at least once, just because I can, and it is fun to have the experience of shooting each one. After that they get cleaned and in the collection. I have other .45's, and guns for shooting purposes. I have a Colt .45 officers model with an aluminum frame for every day carry, on me, and in the car. Sorry Brits, and all else who have stupid gun laws in there states or countries!!! Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello Pompa, thanks, they are also part of my retirement account!! They are fun to shoot, as packin said. I shoot every WWII rifle and pistol at least once, just because I can, and it is fun to have the experience of shooting each one. After that they get cleaned and in the collection. I have other .45's, and guns for shooting purposes. I have a Colt .45 officers model with an aluminum frame for every day carry, on me, and in the car. Sorry Brits, and all else who have stupid gun laws in there states or countries!!! Regards, Steve
    You sure do have those holsters filled Kilroy!! And then some. Real nice!!Mine is like the one in your upper left.(Colt) I shoot most of all my weapons too. Thats what there for. My carry is a Kel-Tec P11 at present. I've carried others but as you well know,at the end of the day you know you've been carrying it. Especially in the summer. I like the light weight one's. We gotta be vigilant the next 4 +? yrs. or we'll have the same kind of stupid laws here.

Yes this post is nearly a year old but these 45's are so nice I had to bring them out again, and I wanted to throw my old colt in to the mix. When this thread first came out my 45 was still on layaway. January is a good month. I've had my 1911 for one year and my baby boy turns 28 years old too. Good times.

Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture .45 1911a-1   .45 1911a-1  

.45 1911a-1  

You can't beat a good ole GI .45 Auto.. I would choose it in any fight... Nice colt WW2 45.........BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    You can't beat a good ole GI .45 Auto.. I would choose it in any fight... Nice colt WW2 45.........BILL
    Thanks Bill. When I dug up this old post I thought I might be in trouble and then when I saw a response from a moderator I though, "Oh Oh, Now I'm gonna get an ass chewing." Fortunately you recognize a "class act" as I do. The 45 Automatic is nothing short of amazing. I'm not what you would consider a Marksman but it's not unreasonable to regularly hit a man sized target at 100 yards with these pistols. I appreciate all older pistols but I adore the 1911.

The never grow old. Nice stuff Pompa.A 100 yds. is a little too far for me. I don't think I could even see the target at that range.

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    Thanks Bill. When I dug up this old post I thought I might be in trouble and then when I saw a response from a moderator I though, "Oh Oh, Now I'm gonna get an ass chewing."
    Hi Mike, I think moderators are just regular people like us. you worry too much. We are supposed to have fun and learn some things along the way too.
    I like the site, and the "superhuman gods" that are called "moderators" have all been very nice and helpful, never really seen an ass chewing in the year or so I have been here.

Regards, Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast