Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

Article about: The rocket is gone,I know not where.

?

Default 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

The rocket is gone,I know not where.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher   66mm M72 Rocket Launcher  

66mm M72 Rocket Launcher  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Default Re: 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

Very cool!!!! Is this also known as a LAWS?

Vietnam era ??

?

Hi guys,yes it is known as a LAW,this is the first model and is dated 1968. The later models had better safety features. Well I am off to the cabin for a few days,so talk later.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Here is a Norwegian one…
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher   66mm M72 Rocket Launcher  

66mm M72 Rocket Launcher   66mm M72 Rocket Launcher  

66mm M72 Rocket Launcher   66mm M72 Rocket Launcher  

its a Norwegian made or us made and sold for Norwegian?

?

Nice piece of kit the LAW i used to love firing it , much better to handle than the olD Charlie G !!

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Carcharias
    ?

Post Re: 66mm M72 Rocket Launcher

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    its a Norwegian made or us made and sold for Norwegian?
    It's designed by Hesse-Eastern Division of Norris Thermadore, United States.

The M72 is produced by Nammo Raufoss AS in Norway.

Nammo Group is owned 50% of the Norwegian Government and 50% of a Finnish shareholder.

Norwegian regulations for arms exports is based on a decision that has as main principle that weapons is not too be exported to countries where there is war, civil war or where war threatens, countries like Israel, Colombia, and Sri Lanka. As a general rule, they can still export the weapons to NATO allies, as part of the defense pact.

Nammo in Finland follow Finnish law, in Sweden the company relate to the Swedish export rules and in the U.S. Nammo relate to U.S. rules.

The company bought in 2007 100% of the shares in a U.S. corporation called Talley Defense Systems.

Talley (now Nammo Talley) is now also the producer of the shoulder-held weapon M72 LAW.

As Nammo(Nammo Talley) in the U.S. relate to U.S. rules, they can now sell the M72 to countries like Israel, Colombia, Sri Lanka...

Well, this it how it was February 10, 2009.

The Norwegian Government, and the Norwegian Pension Fund is invested in many companys, corporations, etc. that are in the weapons; arms; ammunition; business etc.

But as most of the production is outside Norwegian borders, well, ye, you see the picture.

This got know after the Israeli offensive on Gaza, so I don't know if the Norwegian Government, as it owns 50% of Nammo Group, have stoped Nammo Talley and others selling to Israel, or not.

superslik
    ?

i have one of these 66 mm rocket launchers, spent of course and it is for sale .
    it was appraised by an appraiser from the antique road show, he said it was worth between 900 and $1200.00 or could go higher at an auction, is this true ?
    it was given to me by a very good friend of mine who actually brought it back from vietnam, he served 4 tours in vietnam, his name is Ralph Mooty, buried in florida at the veterans memorial park. he gave me alot of stuff he brought back before he passed away. and by the way it said on his death certificate he died from complications of agent orange, but no doctors mention this until his death. anyways i would like to know what its worth and if their are any collectors out there who would like to purchase it. please contact me. super_slik_1@yahoo.com, or 352 459 7411, thank you for any info. Neil Rutherford

Very nice LAWs you have there, Zwerge!! A nice early one in exceptional condition. That was a nice find, well done! All LAWs rockets are not so easy to find anymore......grab them when you can!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast