Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

98k 660 1940 Looking for info

Article about: New to this forum,but looks like this is the place for accurate information.Purchased this rifle a couple of years ago,was looking for Polish Mausers,and the lower sling cut out in the stock

England1942
    ?

Did the bayonet and sling match the gun?

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    The additional rear sling attachment bar was added post war by the French, so the standard French rifle sling could be utilized...BILL
    A very nice rifle, but Bill's information on the stock surely blows a hole in the story that it was taken from a liberated P. O. W camp in Italy!

Really can not remember if the bayonet matched, but the sling had been with the rifle a long time.
    The story was the one told by the fellow selling the gun, he also was selling a Italian helmet with Wermacht Luftwaffe emblems that was also supposed to have came with the liberated rifle. As always take any story with a grain of salt. I did purchase a Beretta 1934 pistol from the widow of a Marine who brought it back from Italy. At the time I dismissed it, but later learned he indeed had been in Italy in 45 attached to a ship there.

HARRY THE MOLE.
    Have an Enfield LSA CoL 1905 Sht.LE 1*** all matching rifle that some one had informed might have spent time in Ireland. The Ser. No is CR3055. Do not know if the CR prefix rifles were issued there, wonder if you would know? By the way just sold my Howa AR180 "Litlle Armalite". Believe it is the only gun I have ever know that had it's own song, a catchy little tune at that.

[QUOTE=paddywonka;
    Have an Enfield LSA CoL 1905 Sht.LE 1*** all matching rifle that some one had informed might have spent time in Ireland. The Ser. No is CR3055. Do not know if the CR prefix rifles were issued there, wonder if you would know? [/QUOTE]

It is my understanding that 'ER' & 'CR' prefix serial numbers were Enfield's supplied to Ireland in the 1920's. Incidentally, the Mk1*** is a converted Mk1*. I too own a Mk1***, but mine is dated for 1906. Has your example been converted to charger-loading?
    Cheers,
    Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2