Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.

Article about: Can anyone throw out some info on this particular cleaning kit? All original WW2? (I don't know much about these items other than they are for a 98k rifle.) But I recently acquire this one.

Default 98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.

Can anyone throw out some info on this particular cleaning kit? All original WW2? (I don't know much about these items other than they are for a 98k rifle.) But I recently acquire this one. I hear ww2 Germany Wehrmacht issued kits were not painted? But the ones that were are contract made for Spain? Not sure. Hope I can get some info!

98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.

Get one with a inspectors mark, like mine! Note it's painted
    I see this is the second time you've post this set!?!

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Get one with a inspectors mark, like mine! Note it's painted
    I see this is the second time you've post this set!?!
    Yes second time. I posted here to get some more info on it perhaps.

Mike

Your set is complete with all components and the color looks blue, so Luftwaffe issue. Here's a couple pics of one of mine for comparison.

Mark

98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

So blue(ish) colored kits are Luftwaffe issue? I never knew they did it that way for the kits. Can you explain a little more in detail on that for me, perhaps? I am interested. Because some one said that only painted ones were sent to Spain on contract. I really am not that into these particular items. So all info would be helpful.

Mike

QUOTE=1stSSLSSAHTexas;992840]So blue(ish) colored kits are Luftwaffe issue? I never knew they did it that way for the kits. Can you explain a little more in detail on that for me, perhaps? I am interested. Because some one said that only painted ones were sent to Spain on contract. I really am not that into these particular items. So all info would be helpful.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike, to be frank with you, my knowledge is limited with these but I would say with some certainty that these early kits most likely saw combat use and weren't sent to Spain. I don't know what you mean by contract. Here's a pic of a Luft and a standard issue for other branches. I'm sure someone here will have more specific information. Perhaps late-war kits were sent to Spain? These nice, early, kits that are well marked would have been used and not sent out of country.

98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.98K rifle cleaning kit. G Appel 1938.[
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Thanks, mate! great site

Mike.