Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Added a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 Femaru

Article about: Another new addition this week, a JHV 43 Femaru with an unnumbered magazine. I've also been able to pick up a matching 1943 Drop Holster for it. I'm on the hunt for a second magazine now jus

Default Added a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 Femaru

Another new addition this week, a JHV 43 Femaru with an unnumbered magazine. I've also been able to pick up a matching 1943 Drop Holster for it. I'm on the hunt for a second magazine now just in case someone out there may have one they would be willing to part with. Thanks! David

Added a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 FemaruAdded a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 FemaruAdded a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 FemaruAdded a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 FemaruAdded a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 Femaru

nice one.

?

That is a nice pistol.

Nice pistol.

I always wondered why the Germans issued mostly Cal 7,65 mm pistols (apart from the usual 9mm para's)? This Femaru was also made in 9mm short as were many of these smaller pistols.

Did the Germans consider the 7,65mm superior to the 9mm short round and on what grounds?

Cheers,
    Emile

Emile that's a great question. I will say that I have a large number of 7.65 or .32's in my collection. I believe the 7.65 came first and was tried and proven, then the 9mm came along and was found to have more punch. I will leave it for the experts to comment further.
    Last edited by lkgmadmax; 07-19-2014 at 12:21 PM.

Adding an additional picture to the thread, this was taken with no flash and natural lighting so the bluing shows up better.

Added a new German Luftwaffe Issued JHV 43 Femaru