MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

AIA No 4

Article about: I did a 200 yd comparison with my factory spec Norico M14 today and surprisingly the M14 has the edge. I shot 20 rounds with each rifle, five rounds at a time with the AIA then five rounds w

?

Default Re: AIA No 4

I did a 200 yd comparison with my factory spec Norico M14 today and surprisingly the M14 has the edge. I shot 20 rounds with each rifle, five rounds at a time with the AIA then five rounds with the M14 etc. Whoda thunk ?

Nice. Break that new No4 in and see how they compare. But I'd still bet on the M14.

i would have thought the turn bolt would have had the slight edge...

?

I've seen enough to convice me that my cheapo Chinese rifle is the best bet.

It was because of the M14's that I bought the AIA, the mags work in M14's. Semi auto mags other than .22 mags are limited to five rounds here in Canada. But mags for manually operated guns, bolt, lever pump can have an unlimited magazine capacity. There is nothing to stop anyone using a 20 round AIA mag in an M14. Now I have an example I can them have exact AIA mags made.

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i would have thought the turn bolt would have had the slight edge...

Me too. The trigger is much better than the M14 but the M14 still out performs.

?

Quote by Mick View Post
    Me too. The trigger is much better than the M14 but the M14 still out performs.

My M1a Springfield standard had a bit of a stiff trigger and finally went kaput after 800-100 rds.I ventured into fixing it myself instead of sending it back to SF.It was the main pin for the trigger itself had snapped in two.It took me three times in making it but I finally got it right and it was a softer trigger than the orginal???By the way nice rifle

Mick, do the AIA mags have the hole in the front to allow locking into the end of the guide rod on the M14?

?

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Mick, do the AIA mags have the hole in the front to allow locking into the end of the guide rod on the M14?
    There is no hole in the front of the AIA mags, but the AIA mags work perfectly in an M14. The mag catch lug on the back of the mag is slighty different as well, there is a slight slope at the bottom, M 14 mags don't fit an AIA because they don't have this slope. If you live in Canada you will understand the significance of all this.

Quote by Mick View Post
    There is no hole in the front of the AIA mags, but the AIA mags work perfectly in an M14. The mag catch lug on the back of the mag is slighty different as well, there is a slight slope at the bottom, M 14 mags don't fit an AIA because they don't have this slope. If you live in Canada you will understand the significance of all this.
    Gotcha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2