Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

The Aliens smart gun - German MG ?

Article about: Hi, im watching Aliens 2, i have seen it dozensof times but only now i noticed one thing. The smart gun was built using an MG, most likely a Yugo. Cheers Annoyed from this ads?   Nuno

Ah, Aliens. What a classic. First saw it at 15 years of age in the cinema when it came out and have watched it a gazillion times since (Naturally, I bought it on VHS.. then DVD... then Blu-ray...) Right, I'd better go now. In 19 minutes, this area is gonna be a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska, you know.

?

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Ah, Aliens. What a classic. First saw it at 15 years of age in the cinema when it came out and have watched it a gazillion times since (Naturally, I bought it on VHS.. then DVD... then Blu-ray...) Right, I'd better go now. In 19 minutes, this area is gonna be a cloud of vapor the size of Nebraska, you know.
    Same here, my all time favorite movie.

"Game over, man: game over!"-the Colonial Space Marines used M1 helmets (old fashioned even by the time the film was made) and their rifles were modified Thompson M1 SMGs with Winchester pump action 12 gauge shotgun actions mounted underneath as 'grenade launchers'.

Bapty & Co in Kensel Green built and provided these - I worked there many, many years ago.
    MG42 on a Steadicam arm - already ID'd in this thread -

?

Just watched it again over the weekend and had to go out and shoot my MG 42. Stay frosty chaps.

?

I forgot to add one of my favorite parts is when they discover they are in the reactors cooling plant and the Colonial Marines are forced to give up their magazines for the 10 MM rifles Rick Ross (Cpl Frost) says "What are we supposed to use Harsh Language" Fortunately Vasquez and her fellow MGer are still able to use their MG's. The Expanded (2:40 minutes) version is even better than the theatrical release.

Quote by samnev View Post
    The Expanded (2:40 minutes) version is even better than the theatrical release.
    Indeed. It's got Hadley's Hope while still populated, the (re-)discovery of the derelict ship... and let's not forget the sentry guns!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Indeed. It's got Hadley's Hope while still populated, the (re-)discovery of the derelict ship... and let's not forget the sentry guns!
    Had to comment..and sorry to derail thread..but the Movie that set the stage and gives greater understanding to the Movie Alien..is "Prometheus" very well done. ..now back to the Sci Fi MG weapons thread.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Would have to respectfully disagree about 'Prometheus'-looks stunning but a seriously flawed plot-pretty much a 'jumped the shark/alien' moment IMHO.

Of course there are many examples in Sci - Fi films where we see actual weapons converted to represent either a fantasy item or another type EG Star Wars Stormtroopers carbine based on on the UK designed SMG (Sterling or whatever designation you care to use) or the US M2 disguised as a Soviet DShK in "The Beast of War" (see pic). I always salve my collectors sense of disgust by taking for granted that the film makers have used something common and not destroyed something rare and valuable. Apparently this is a case of the latter

Great thread though with room for expansion maybe?

Regards

Mark

The Aliens smart gun - German MG ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast