Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

All Matching Type 99 Arisaka

Article about: by GIZMO8Z Japanese soldiers back then who would rather go on a bonsai charge or blow themselves up with a grenade instead of surrendering and dishonoring their family and their emperor....

?

Default Re: All Matching Type 99 Arisaka

When I Googled National Denki I get....Matsushita National Denki under Kokura supervision....so I guess either description is correct ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thanks to Adrian, Lew07 and Zwerge for their help in deciphering the marks on the rifle and bayonet.

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    You sure did get a good deal on that one...Pete
    Pete,
    You know what they say "even a blind squirrel will occasionally find an acorn" Yes, I was really lucky that time. Especially since I was a newbie back then, still wet behind the ears.

Nice rifle, what is the wire device on the bottom of the forestock? I have not seen that before.

Burt

?

Quote by milmuseum View Post
    Nice rifle, what is the wire device on the bottom of the forestock? I have not seen that before.

Burt
    I think that you are referring to the wire monopod. Most of the Type 99's I have seen in the last 4-5 years no longer have the monopod. It was not a very stable item to shoot off of and they might have been removed while in service, just my guess why so many Type 99's are missing it.
    Sam

Quote by samnev View Post
    I think that you are referring to the wire monopod. Most of the Type 99's I have seen in the last 4-5 years no longer have the monopod. It was not a very stable item to shoot off of and they might have been removed while in service, just my guess why so many Type 99's are missing it.
    Sam
    Hi Sam,

First, I have a spare 7.7x58Jap snap cap. Would you like it?

Second, I spoke with an expert, and he believes that the idea that Japanese soldiers would discard pieces of their rifle is a myth. He said that the rifles belonged to their Emperor (a living god who they all cherished and worshiped), so why would they piece out and throw out dust covers/ mono pods/ anti-aircraft sights that technically belonged to the emperor. What do you think?

P.S. I need a monopod, dust cover, and the wings for the anti-aircraft sight on my Arisaka. Could you recommend a good source for me to purchase them from?

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hi Sam,

First, I have a spare 7.7x58Jap snap cap. Would you like it?

Second, I spoke with an expert, and he believes that the idea that Japanese soldiers would discard pieces of their rifle is a myth. He said that the rifles belonged to their Emperor (a living god who they all cherished and worshiped), so why would they piece out and throw out dust covers/ mono pods/ anti-aircraft sights that technically belonged to the emperor. What do you think?

P.S. I need a monopod, dust cover, and the wings for the anti-aircraft sight on my Arisaka. Could you recommend a good source for me to purchase them from?
    Hi Joe,
    First, thanks for the offer of the snap cap. I have one as well but it has been many years since I fired the 99 and perhaps some one else could use it.
    As for the replacement parts for your 99, I'm sure you tried Gun Parts, if not they are close to you. Then I would try SARCO in NJ. Last I saw they had some parts but that was a while ago. IIRC some one, perhaps SARCO was making repro monopod's for both the 99 and 38 Arisaka's. You might also try IMA, also in NJ. Last I would put want adds on as many sites as you can. Original parts are hard to come buy as you probably know. A friend of mine bought a humped 99 just to get the wings for the aircraft sight.
    Regards,
    Sam
    Last edited by samnev; 02-15-2012 at 07:12 PM.

No prob, just thought I'd ask!

What are your thoughts on what I said about Japanese soldiers not removing monopods, dust covers, etc. because they belonged to the emperor?

?

Joe,
    I have heard both sides of that story. I do not know which one is true. As for me being an old GI, if I had a rattle trap dust cover and a monopod that could get caught in branches etc, etc they would be gone in a heart beat. But that's just me. I wonder if any of the forum members know which of the stories is true. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Did you try any of the vendors I suggested?
    Sam

Quote by samnev View Post
    Joe,
    I have heard both sides of that story. I do not know which one is true. As for me being an old GI, if I had a rattle trap dust cover and a monopod that could get caught in branches etc, etc they would be gone in a heart beat. But that's just me. I wonder if any of the forum members know which of the stories is true. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help. Did you try any of the vendors I suggested?
    Sam
    Very true Sam... However, I think American G.I.s are "programmed" a little different than Japanese soldiers back then who would rather go on a bonsai charge or blow themselves up with a grenade instead of surrendering and dishonoring their family and their emperor...

I plan on stopping by numrich next time I drive up to my girlfriend's... IMA has nothing but cleaning rods for the Arisaka... I will try Sarco now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast