Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ammo Bullet Shell - 04

Article about: Hi to all., I need help to identify and informations about this bullet Shell. Best Regards Von River

Default Ammo Bullet Shell - 04

Hi to all.,

I need help to identify and informations about this bullet Shell.

Best Regards

Von River

Ammo Bullet Shell - 04

Ammo Bullet Shell - 04

This is a .303 British shell casing, made by Radway Green (RG) in 1943. It was fired by a Bren gun, as indicated by the rectangular indentation on the primer.

Regards, B.B.

Thank you mate for the reply.

Best Regards.,

Von River

PRE
    ?

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    It was fired by a Bren gun, as indicated by the rectangular indentation on the primer.

Regards, B.B.
    Fascinating, thanks for adding that bit!

Quote by PRE View Post
    Fascinating, thanks for adding that bit!
    Always happy to be able to teach somebody something new. It isn't often that I'm able to do that!

Just to show what I mean, here are a couple of relic .303 cases from my collection. One fired by a rifle, the other fired by a Bren.

Ammo Bullet Shell - 04

Regards, B.B.

PRE
    ?

Very nice! I have had no trigger time on a Bren, so that is completely new to me. It is somewhat reminiscent of the indentation on the primer made by Glock firing pins, which impress in a similar rectangular fashion. It appears that the Bren pin has swaged the soft primer metal somewhat.

Quote by PRE View Post
    Very nice! I have had no trigger time on a Bren, so that is completely new to me. It is somewhat reminiscent of the indentation on the primer made by Glock firing pins, which impress in a similar rectangular fashion. It appears that the Bren pin has swaged the soft primer metal somewhat.
    I'm not familiar with the internals of Glock pistols, but the Bren does have a rectangular firing pin.

The casings shown are part of a small group of them recovered from the Normandy area. They are a mixture of Canadian and British cases, fired from both rifles and Bren guns. Ground dug, so that might have affected the shape of the indentation somewhat.

B.B.