Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Another beretta m35 1944

Article about: Just got this today in a trade, had to take a long drive to get er & was also hit in the rear while doing 75mph on the highway by a kid who was texting on his phone while driving. car to

Default Another beretta m35 1944

Just got this today in a trade, had to take a long drive to get er & was also hit in the rear while doing 75mph on the highway by a kid who was texting on his phone while driving. car totaled, my back is hurt! & despite all the thoughts of upcoming appointments with doctors and lawyers i am happy its been a good gun day as i picked up another 1944 beretta m35, this one is parkerized and in top shape, the other one i have has no finish at all, they both hae rough tooling and machinery marks throughout -- according to Whittington's records it was included in a delivery of 65,000 Beretta M1934/35 pistols delivered to the German Army Headquarters in Italy between Aug 1944 and Feb, 1945. Those serial # were 534000/599000.- "mine has #'s in that range"
    After the 8 September 1943 armistice between Italy and the Allies, the Germans saddled Beretta with three engineers from Germany. Moreover the factory was garrisoned by the SS... Weapons of that time, even the ones produced for the Germans, bore the punch mark 4UT
    (Quarto Ufficio tecnico di Controllo Armi e Munizioni--4th Technnical Control Unit
    an C. Still, in Axis Pistols, page 107, states,
    "It is likely that almost all of the 4/UT, ...were used by the German Army". He also includes two other variations in this statement, "1944 dated and blank slide Model 1935".
    Ugo Menchini, in Pietro Beretta Le Automatiche, regarding an M1934, page 255, states,
    "In late 1940 there appears an oval including the punch mark IVU. It refers to the 4th technical Control Unit of the FAG, where inspection was carried out."
    Note that, while they seem to represent the same inspectors, the "IVU" is not
    the same mark as the "4UT". The IVU would be found on the pre RSI model M1934, and the 4UT would be found on the RSI model M1935.
    These are the reasons why I believe that it is likely that all of the 4UT Berettas were RSI pistols
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another beretta m35 1944   Another beretta m35 1944  

Another beretta m35 1944  

Default Re: Another beretta m35 1944

Sounds like you traded some of your health, too! Nice acquisition. I hope tou are feeling better soon, but back injuries are never a fun time.

lol yep the gun makes me feel better, im sure il be fine. he has good insurance $$$
    i also hope il be better soon thank you much
    cant even put my own shoes on

Sounds like his insurance just bought you a few more goodies for the collection!

?

Very nice acquisition!! Sorry to hear about the accident - thankfully you are not seriously injured. The vehicle will be replaced - and you are still with us. Success!

yep, another m35 for the collection. its in better shape than my back.... and its a 1944 hahahah
    very rough with machinery marks all around the trigger guard, grip and on the collar of the barrel, but still finely crafted the internals are just great its almost mint like 95%+. im sure they were just pumping them out, it is completely functional. test fired great. the sights are very crude.. abit off. still super fun to shoot just bored with back issues now ...... fun fun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another beretta m35 1944   Another beretta m35 1944