Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another K43 for review.

Article about: Hi guys, I have a chance to buy this K43, price seems really good. Lost the last one I was going after since it went over 5K. These are the only pictures I have of now, but requesting more.

Default Another K43 for review.

Hi guys,

I have a chance to buy this K43, price seems really good. Lost the last one I was going after since it went over 5K.

These are the only pictures I have of now, but requesting more.

Everything thing looks great to me, but I always like a second opinion.

Here is the sellers description:

"Mauser K43, 8mm semi auto rifle, AC 44 production, serial number 7268, not a Russian capture, not an import, this rifle was brought back by an american soldier, i will include a copy of the bring back certificate, has all the german war time stamping on it, stock has cartouche. has 10 round mag AYE mag with correct markings, has original sling, has front sight hood,stock is great shape with just a couple scuffs, bore is excellant, shiny with good rifling, has correct spare parts, firing pin, extractor, some other piece i don't recognize and a spoon type tool in the buttstock,buttstock door is the serrated style, has the later production hollow cocking handle. "

Thank you as always! When I get more pictures I post them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another K43 for review.   Another K43 for review.  

Another K43 for review.   Another K43 for review.  

I thought the stock may of been varnished?

Does look like a decent example Danny overall. Check out Gun Boards Forum and scroll down to the G-41 and G-43 section. Recent post on the G-43 as a combat rifle. Some interesting info for sure. Am no expert on these but you can learn much from the guys who own them on that forum. Hopefully ya can score this one for a more reasonable price. Tougher to find than a 98 at Gun Shows.

Quote by mauser9 View Post
    Does look like a decent example Danny overall. Check out Gun Boards Forum and scroll down to the G-41 and G-43 section. Recent post on the G-43 as a combat rifle. Some interesting info for sure. Am no expert on these but you can learn much from the guys who own them on that forum. Hopefully ya can score this one for a more reasonable price. Tougher to find than a 98 at Gun Shows.
    Thanks Mauser, like the look of it just would need a cleaning rod. I talked to the seller earlier today, he said the bolt handle does not match. But everything else he described sounded good to me. The stock looks a little too shiny to me, but not sure.

like it.

Thanks Harry.

Doesn't look like the stock was refinished to me. Even if the bolt doesn't match it would still be a great find. The next one of these you encounter may have everything mismatched.

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Doesn't look like the stock was refinished to me. Even if the bolt doesn't match it would still be a great find. The next one of these you encounter may have everything mismatched.
    Thanks, he said the bolt # does not match. Haha good call! Better chance of it actually being used I bet.

Looks ok at a glance, wood does look a little shiny, but this may just be a lot of light in the room. Such a weird rifle... I'm lookin at it and it finally came to me, it's a cross between a 98k and Mini 14

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Looks ok at a glance, wood does look a little shiny, but this may just be a lot of light in the room. Such a weird rifle... I'm lookin at it and it finally came to me, it's a cross between a 98k and Mini 14
    HA, I can definitely see the cross between them! I never had a great eye for stocks, that's why I always like a second opinion.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast