Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Another Sten MK II

Article about: My final purchase of 2018! I asked Santa, but I was too bad this year haha The second MKII Sten in my collection! First British; Marked E&Co. (Elkington and Co.) and serial B0339230. Thi

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    A very pretty-looking Sten gun! In far better shape than my own. Nice to see one fitted with a sling as well.

Regards, B.B.
    Thanks B.B! As you know, the first one left a lot to be desired! Was hard to say no to this one when I saw it. The sad thing was it was in a firing state before I got it.

The seller had someone bring him a fully operational Sten, and a Thompson! Sad to see such legendary weapons requiring being welded up here in Canada.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s better than yours :P I’m envious yours can be stripped; as per regulation, the bolt, barrel, and even butt are welded to body.

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    Thanks B.B! As you know, the first one left a lot to be desired! Was hard to say no to this one when I saw it. The sad thing was it was in a firing state before I got it.

The seller had someone bring him a fully operational Sten, and a Thompson! Sad to see such legendary weapons requiring being welded up here in Canada.

I wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s better than yours :P I’m envious yours can be stripped; as per regulation, the bolt, barrel, and even butt are welded to body.
    You are able to own one and enjoy the history! That would be enough for me, if I were living in Canada. Being able to strip it down is a nice bonus, as it allows a demonstration of the weapon's mechanical characteristics. That is why I am heavily opposed to the continuing EU-proposed butchery. But I don't believe it's essential to enjoy these weapons as collector's items.

As long as they remain legal to own and are not melted down for scrap, that's something we can all be grateful for.

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    You are able to own one and enjoy the history! That would be enough for me, if I were living in Canada. Being able to strip it down is a nice bonus, as it allows a demonstration of the weapon's mechanical characteristics. That is why I am heavily opposed to the continuing EU-proposed butchery. But I don't believe it's essential to enjoy these weapons as collector's items.

As long as they remain legal to own and are not melted down for scrap, that's something we can all be grateful for.

Regards, B.B.
    Well said!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2