Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anti-tank rifle boys

Article about: Dear friends hello. Here is a beautiful big detail(room), not common(current) (especially suit). This(They) haughtiness boys MK1 (French neutralization st étienne), vestige of the operation

Default Anti-tank rifle boys

Dear friends hello.
    Here is a beautiful big detail(room), not common(current) (especially suit).
    This(They) haughtiness boys MK1 (French neutralization st étienne), vestige of the operation dynamo was taken(brought) out of some mud of fresh water, during the cleaning out of a channel(canal) in the sector of the Dunkerque in 1990.

Comparative degree between cartridges boys and 303 enfield

[img]htt
    p://i14.servimg.com/u/f14/11/14/75/94/cartou14.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Bill Grist; 10-11-2008 at 11:28 PM.

Default Re: Anti-tank rifle boys

tu as trouvé ca dans l eau ? superbe piece ! ca ressemble un peu au .50 americain
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 10-11-2008 at 11:30 PM.

Very nice British .55Cal. AT rifle...Here are some of my rounds...BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anti-tank rifle  boys   Anti-tank rifle  boys  

Anti-tank rifle  boys   Anti-tank rifle  boys  

Anti-tank rifle  boys  
    Attached Images Attached Images Anti-tank rifle  boys 
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

This is a great find! Boyes A/T Rifles are rare even in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I saw one when I visited the Winchester Museum in San Jose, California. Talk about unwieldy!

?

Useless fact of the day the Rolls Royce machine gun was redesigned around the .55 boys cartridge, as a possible replacement for the .50 Cal browning used in certain British aircraft if supply's of the 50 calibre at anytime became stretched due to U boat activity, again the need never arose so the project was shelved due lack of necessity and technical issues with the prototype. However in true Rolls Royce aero company style the guns receiver was made from Duralumin to save weight. What a formidable weapon this would have been had it gone into production a .55 Boys heavy machine.

Nige.
    "Now, I've designed this like a collapsing bag ! "

Does it have a serial number? My 1940 boys has a C serial number and I wundered if it may have made it to France before Dunkirque.

Thanks for the pics, its an awesome piece of kit!

My favorite anti tank rifle

Thanks

Danny

GREAT PHOTOS. Here is an interesting tidbit, was in a clients office a month or so ago, and saw an NRA magazine from the 1950's. One of the ads at the time was what I think was this gun and they were selling for about $150.00.

Oh.. the good old days, Time machine anyone?

Quote by m3bobby View Post
    Does it have a serial number? My 1940 boys has a C serial number and I wundered if it may have made it to France before Dunkirque.
    Hello to answer your question in, the number of serie is A 3.091 and sand them of controle are dated 1938.

Amitier johann T

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast