Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Anti-tank rifle boys

Article about: Dear friends hello. Here is a beautiful big detail(room), not common(current) (especially suit). This(They) haughtiness boys MK1 (French neutralization st étienne), vestige of the operation

Default Re: Anti-tank rifle boys

Wow, that is an early rifle. That's a nice piece.

VERY NICE,,,THANKS FOR SHARING,,,

Back in the late 80's I saw one in a California gun shop and they had with it for sale a U.S. 50 Cal. barrel for it to fit the Boys for $3,000 U.S. ( Live ) To this day I wish I had bought them. The owner said it kicked like a 10 Ga. shotgun.

3mk
    ?

Nice Rifle!

?

Hi guys,

Seeing all these comments about this "masterpiece" of British anti-armour weaponry reminds me of something my late grandfather told me about it, (he was in the Grenadier Guards),
    He always said that you had to get it really tight in the shoulder and it still had a kick like a p*ssed off donkey and if you were lucky all you got away with was a badly bruised shoulder!!

bigkev
    ?

I had a good friend years ago in Australia that purchased one with a case of ammo. We took it to the range and shot it. Everyone who fired it expressed a lack of desire to fire a second round. Surprisingly accurate at 500 yards though, just a little fierce on the shoulder.

mattt
    ?

Quote by bigkev View Post
    I had a good friend years ago in Australia that purchased one with a case of ammo. We took it to the range and shot it. Everyone who fired it expressed a lack of desire to fire a second round. Surprisingly accurate at 500 yards though, just a little fierce on the shoulder.
    If he ever gets bored with it, I'll definitely buy it!

Seriously though, I've never seen one for sale. Would greatly appreciate anyone who could tell me a place with one available.

that is an outstanding piece of kit, many thanks for posting

bigkev
    ?

Quote by mattt View Post
    If he ever gets bored with it, I'll definitely buy it!

Seriously though, I've never seen one for sale. Would greatly appreciate anyone who could tell me a place with one available.
    Sadly cancer took him and his magnificent ability to scrounge up interesting kit away from us in 1993, Pete was a great bloke and I used to have a lot of fun replacing his pipe tobacco with sheep dung when I was a teenager though...hope sheep dung isnt particularly carcinogenic...

Hi Chaps, I thought I'd add yesterdays purchase to this thread. I picked it up in a local shop for £15. It was being sold as a .50 cal. As you can see it's a Boys .55 cal W Mark 1 made by Kynochs in 1939. Managed to get it working by adding a new flint, Cheers, Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Anti-tank rifle  boys   Anti-tank rifle  boys  

Anti-tank rifle  boys  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast