Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Any VIS FB fans in the house?

Article about: I have always thought it a loss that after WWII this weapon was no longer produced. It seems when the Russians took over the plant they apparently converted it to produce the IMHO far inferi

Very nice instructive video.

I will take some new pics of my gun.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Adrian-has there been some recent change to the photo uploader?-I can't get photos on to the site (no change to my settings).

No, all should be normal????
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Logictox,

I somehow didn't stumble on that thread earlier on, but as you can see from my nick, I like these pistols quite a lot...

Nice collection of Jerry Radoms, congratulations. But for the postwar fate of Radom factory, and as to why Vis was not continued, there were no machines in it left when the Soviets took Radom in January 1945. In August and September 1944 the Radom factory was 'evacuated' by the Jerries which meant that only the gutted buildings left, after all machinery was taken out, together with all materials, tools, jigs and fixtures, electric wiring, windows, doors, radiators, lavatory equipment and waterpipes. Only the bricks remained. The production at FB Radom was re-started only in 1947, and then it was too late to start the Vis again, as thanks to Mr. Roosevelt and dearest Winston, we ended up as Uncle Joe's just reward for having won the war for Democracy.

Cheers,
    Visniewski (aka Leszek Erenfeicht)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2