Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Anyone Have Unusual Firearms?

Article about: by zwerge how about this one,you shoot it once and you never have to buy any more ammo. Hmm..... I like it, and I'll take it.

Default Re: Anyone Have Unusual Frearms?

Hello paco-that 2nd FN 10/22 is pretty fancy for a 'Lunchbox' -was it engraved postwar?

Quote by len s View Post
    Well here's an oddball, a Polish Wz.91/98/26. Originally a Russian Mosin but reworked by the Poles to fire the 8mm Mauser round. They also added a Mauser style front band and bayonet lug.

Attachment 208432Attachment 208433Attachment 208434Attachment 208435
    Len, Very nice and a very scarce rifle....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Yes, it was engraved after it left the FN plant. It is not a classic engrave style.
    P

?

Here is a replica 13th-14th century Hou Qiang (fire lance) that we shot on the History Channel. Even the Gunny was surprised with what you can do with bamboo, paper, black powder and a rock. This is a dangerous device to shoot and was done remotely. Gunny actually offered to hand fire it but I declined. I told him if something went wrong I did not want to be know as the #^$&^ that killed the Gunny. I would never be able to go on a Marine base again.

?

You dont see many Owen smgs around , nor the Welrod single shot, i also remember a russian silenced pistol built for the sole purpose of assassination, if memory serves correct the silencer was a formed part of the barrel and could not be detached but it was supposed to be very quiet and effective

Well, the Owen Gun only served with Australia and was produced in relatively low numbers for a WW2 SMG (albiet it had a long service life through several wars and campaigns)-they are not uncommon here in Oz but as automatic weapons would be rare as exports elsewhere. Oddly enough most civilised govts are not keen to see folks with silenced weapons lounging about the place so Welrods, De Lisles etc would be rare.

Kill the Gunny? Not possible... He eats bullets for breakfast... sorry... watermelon.
    I would like to at least make him a bit uncomfortable to pay him back for all those lousey movies he has been in over the years...

I have always considered R. Lee Ermey to be a very underrated actor (excellent in 'Mississipi Burning' and 'Switchback' but rarely given a lead role unfortunately!).

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I have always considered R. Lee Ermey to be a very underrated actor (excellent in 'Mississipi Burning' and 'Switchback' but rarely given a lead role unfortunately!).
    I got to spend a little quality time with him and he is not an act. He is pretty much the way he is in the movies. He does clean up the language a bit around the ladies and children but spared me nothing. He is really a great guy. He said he volunteers about 160 -170 day a year to work for the military. Almost half of the year he works for free, still serving.

Ref. Silenced weapons, I notice that most governments are now coming around to the idea of 'sound moderators' due to the health and safety regulations. I believe its now a good reason to own one if your a indoor range shooter or a Vermin shooter, not sure about out door long range etc.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast