Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Arisaka 99 mum matching

Article about: Bought this 99 Nagoya 6th series yesterday at a local gunshop.Was sitting in a rack next to a sporterized 99,selling for\\$199.The tag on this one was \\$249,and after drawing the dealers attent

Default Arisaka 99 mum matching

Bought this 99 Nagoya 6th series yesterday at a local gunshop.Was sitting in a rack next to a sporterized 99,selling for$199.The tag on this one was $249,and after drawing the dealers attention to the charred wood,was able to take it home for $225. Had a layer of dust nearly as thick as fur on it,appears to have stood behind a door for the last fifty years or so.Swabbed out the barrel,pushing out a couple of long dead spiders,to reveal a near perfect bore.All numbers match.The charred wood just gives it a bit of island battle charecter to me.Some photos for your viewing.

[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37/paddywonka/PictureWEBLEY3[IMG]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii37

Default Re: Arisaka 99 mum matching

maybe a silly quastion but i am new to japanese ww2 guns
    but is that an anti aircraft sight ?

tanto is a very nice piece is it before ww2 ? or a paul chen/cold steal production

cheers j

Yes they are Anti aircraft sights were used to properly lead an airplane.They are marked 1- 2 -3 .For the speed in kilometers the plane was traveling.Believe the officer was to give this range and speed to his troops. Ground fire could be a hazard to aircraft,but just how well these did is unkown.But no other nation used them on their service rifles. The tanto is pre 1920

nice extra

never seen it hope to buy mine some day
    as i rather whould have the katana`s and other kinds of daggers
    the Japanese jued in hope to find an really old blade

cheers and have a happy hunt