Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Arisaka for review

Article about: Came across this Arisaka type 38 for sale locally, any Japanese Milsurps are very hard to come by in Canada and usually fetch a "pretty penny". This one here is a Koishikawa arsena

MAP
    ?

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    sorry i didnt realize i typed it out like that, guess i was in a hurry to finish the thread, didnt mean any offence by it and it is corrected. Thanks for the heads up
    Yes. I too noticed that you started the thread using the correct term. No worries. Was just pointing it out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Its 6.5 "Asian" ammunition from now on!!

Quote by Phil97 View Post
    as long as they meet the other country's regulations you can but you need import and export licenses which end up costing a fortune hence why arisakas are so expensive cause their all imported. However with our new prime minister that might change since liberals tend to be anti gun.
    Was curious about the mauser market in Canada. What's the ballpark amount for lets say a Yugo mauser?

+1 Cousin. Guess mauser prices can vary but here in the states R/Cs are fetching five to six hundred and all matchers often fifteen hundred on up! if interest increases even more with collectors who knows what the prices will be in the future. Sure glad I never swapped dad's for that 10/22 I use to haunt him for way back when!

The Japanese did use Arabic numerals-look at their serial numbers-they are pretty much universal for mathematics in the modern (post medieval) world.

I will stick with my theory of being marked for 6.5 instead of 7.7mm. I guess its as good as any other.

just a little thing.Germans called Jerrys Italians called Ities Scots called Jocks British Called Tommies Americans called Yanks and so on.=no objections.but sayJap and the world blows up jap its not a derogatory word no more than all the other nicknames are.there wher other name they were called but I am not going into that bonfire.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Was curious about the mauser market in Canada. What's the ballpark amount for lets say a Yugo mauser?
    anywhere from 300-600$, the later for a perfect mint condition, the Israeli and czech mausers are roughly the same as well, we have a very good mauser market in my opinion (not sure what the prices and availability are like for you). I have a swedish Carl Gustaf from 1905 my budy gave to me for free and they usually sell for 300-400. But honestly 50% of milsurps around here are eauropean mausers, the other 25% is russian and the last 25% is a mix of everything else, Japanese being the rarest (why I dont know).

Sounds pretty close to the U.S. market in most respects.

Arisaka for review

And I will have everyone know that I only use politically correct and environmentally safe ammunition... But having said that it almost makes you think that these rounds would just give someone a nasty bruise if shot with one..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast