Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Arisaka type 38

Article about: Posting this Arisaka and bayonet that I bought from a veteren(Vietnam),at a local gunshow.He had purchased it some 20 years earlier from a neighbor that had brought it home,from when he serv

Default Arisaka type 38

Posting this Arisaka and bayonet that I bought from a veteren(Vietnam),at a local gunshow.He had purchased it some 20 years earlier from a neighbor that had brought it home,from when he served in the Pacific Theater.Sorry the photo is a bit blurry,but it is a no prefix series,Koishikawa arsenal,#25439.Appears all original ,screws unburred,wood unsanded,bore looks good.Keep buying another firearm,when I get a little money together,instead of a new camera.

Default Re: Arisaka type 38

Hi, and thanks for showing it. We don't see many of these in the UK.

Cheers, Ade.

Doughboy
    ?

Nice Arisaka.

Yours is a true vet bring back with the mum still intact. I have one as well but the mum has been ground down due to the fact that it was exported as surplus.

Nice rifle and finish.

rgds, Ty

Very Nice T-38...BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

Great vet bring back rifle and bayo , thats been well cared for , and i love that Yosegaki good luck flag in the background !

cheers Al

Thanks for your coments.The flag in the background was brought back by my uncle,and given to me when i was a boy.I never knew what the proper name for the flag was before.He was in the US Army,and was in on quite a few island fighting.Though the Marines are first thought of (and rightfully so)when island fighting is concerned. The Army was there also.He went in the service in 39,and did not get out till 1946.All his time was in the Pacific.This particular flag was taken on an island off the west coast of Okinawa.The Army had landed there prior to the invasion,and used the island to shell Okinawa.He had told me that these flags were commonly found in a front tunic pocket.Signed by friends and some times blessed.They were susposed to help ward off injury or death.This flag had not protected this soldier.Just one of many WWII items I own. Many including pistols,bayonets, arm bands etc were given to me by my uncles.All had served in WWII,and there were only two nephews,and I was the only one interested.

?

paddy , it`s a pleasure to see them , look after them , they are now a part of your family`s history ! The yosegaki flags sometimes were blessed at the local shinto shrine , and some were stamped with an ink marking at the shrine . Has yours any stamp marks other than the Kanji . I`d like to see your other items also cheers Al

would love to see anymore pics esp the armbands

An absolute pleasure to see, The Type 38 is my favorite rifle without a doubt, early pieces were exceptionally well made.

Thanks for uploading the pics