Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Arisaka Type 99 relic

Article about: Not in the best condition but this is my type 99 Arisaka from the battlefield.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That had to be a fantastic relic hunt to be on Henderson field. Any pic's of that trip that you would mind sharing?
    I would be very interested to see what it looks like now.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Sadly no as it was during an official deployment and photography was verboten at the time. Alot of relics came back, Japanese spent cartridges and feed trays, LMG spare barrel that still had the end cap fitted, Japanese canteens, US & Japanese helmets, a couple of bayonets as well as the weapons I've already posted. I do still have a US 50 calibre MG from Henderson Field that I haven't posted yet. I sold off alot of bits to another English guy called Gordon Ramsey whose Father started the After the Battle magazine series as Gordon used to deal in relics. Wish I had hung onto some of the stuff but times were different then.

I can post photos of the 50 cal if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 09-06-2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

Mods please can you correct the thread title to read Type 38 rather than type 99 please?

I've had this relic so many years and finally get to know what it actually is thanks to this forum! Many thanks.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Sadly no as it was during an official deployment and photography was verboten at the time. Alot of relics came back, Jap spent cartridges and feed trays, a Jap LMG spare barrel that still had the end cap fitted, Jap canteens, US & Jap helmets, a couple of bayonets as well as the weapons I've already posted. I do still have a US 50 calibre MG from Henderson Field that I haven't posted yet. I sold off alot of bits to another English guy called Gordon Ramsey whose Father started the After the Battle magazine series as Gordon used to deal in relics. Wish I had hung onto some of the stuff but times were different then.

A minor point (and I'm not passing judgment as I know it is not intentional) but the use of the term "Jap" is viewed as a slur. "Japanese" is the proper term.

While personally I don't mind if someone calls me a Yankee, Gringo or a Gweilo (Chinese slang), I do know the forum tries it's best to stop unintentional use of the term "Jap".

Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Original post corrected to remove derogatory language. Please accept my apologies for any offence caused, non was intended.

?

"Gordon Ramsey"

Thank you for the reply Blackcat. That had to be a great Det for someone interested in History. I have several pic's from Iwo Jima and the remains of items in caves. I got those from a Marine who did a Det there to test out some Navigational equipment. Some interesting items.

I would be interested in the .50 cal relic.

Speaking of relic 50's. They have a water cooled .50 in the hanger of VMA 211 "Wake Island Avengers" here in Yuma. It was found by a metal detector on the Island and donated to the Squadron. It is still in nice condition for being buried in the sand for that amount of time.

I read the name Gordon Ramsey and thought 'I know that name" But that is Gordon Ramsay. The chief that tells everybody how bad their food is.. LOL

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Original post corrected to remove derogatory language. Please accept my apologies for any offence caused, non was intended.
    No worries. I knew it was not intentional
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Blackcat if time permits I would still be interested in that .50 you mentioned

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Blackcat if time permits I would still be interested in that .50 you mentioned

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I haven't forgotten it Phil, just didn't have time over the w/e to photograph it. I will post it in a new thread later this wk.

?

I was worried the Japanese thing might have gotten this off track.
    No problem Blackcat, When ever you get a chance that will be fine.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2