Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts?

Article about: hello, julekpl again. today I am interested in an Austrian Steyr 1917. It looks very interesting, and what I know is that after the first world war, the Austrians were equipted with German w

Default Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts?

hello, julekpl again.

today I am interested in an Austrian Steyr 1917. It looks very interesting, and what I know is that after the first world war, the Austrians were equipted with German weaponry, making these less common. Any thoughts on this one? Are they common, and what is the price range on these?

Thanks, Julekpl!

Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts? Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts? Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts? Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts? Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts?

Default Re: Austrian Steyr 1917, thoughts?

If the bore is in decent condition and it has not been converted to 9mm Parabellum, $300 to $500 would be a good range, if it has an original holster, $700 to $1,000.
    Best
    Gus

how can I tell if it has been converted into the 9mm parabellum? would we be able to spot it, or is it something miniscule?

The easiest way is to try to chamber a 9x19 cartridge in it, the Parabellum cartridge is slightly larger at the base than the 9x23 Steyr cartridge, and should not chamber..
    Best
    Gus

Easier to ask the seller if it has been converted.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I would, but this is at an auction near my home, and the seller is incognito.

Large numbers of these have come into Australia over the last year or so-a mixture of some in 9mm Steyr and a majority in 9mm Parabellum-usually about AU $400 -cheap for such a pistol but they are awkward to load compared to detachable box magazines.

It is a beautiful gun for what it is, even if rechambered to 9mm or not.
    If it has a good price and you feel good about, try to buy.
    It its my opinion.

Cheers
    Nuno

I will try to bid on it then. There is also a Gew 98 from 1917 on the auction as well, but it's the civilian version. Anyways, how much do these guns go for if they are made to the 9mm parabellum?