Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"

Article about: Blooming good website that Ade! Your a bad influence, just lost half an hour in happy surfing .... I might spend the afternoon "stripping" all sorts! LOL (or at least seeing how fa

Default Re: An automatic rifle for the collection "one shudders"

Ha you are so right but if we all stopped smoking, drinking & started cycling to work the goverment would be more bust than it already is.
    it seems that most of the things they tell us to cut back on are also some of the biggest tax income.
    so all we have to do is do as we are told and the problem will go away. so its our own falt. i need a lie down!

ian
    ?

back to trotski it all falls apart

GO lay down quick i nead a beer

ok got beer happy teddy now, so Reg what rifles have you got?

A nice AK Reg, I never had a lot of interest in these guns, until a vist to the Small Arms collection, at Warminster, where we were shown its merits, it was even mentioned that the SA 80 replacement will probably be based on one!
    On the subject of the de-act ban, I replied to the consultation, I sent in a small booklet that I compiled.The driving force behind the ban, I believe to be the Association of Police Officers, ACPO, which by the way is a limited company!
    Since the demise of Jackie Smith, as home secretary and the economic crisis, it has gone very quiet as you say.I do have an update,It seems as if the ban is now on the back burner and a minor adjustment of the de-act specs is all that will happen.What has no doubt prompted this, is the threat of legal action, as they were NOT going to pay any compensation.When I get more black and white proof, I will post it,
    cheers Pete.

Hi Guys, Just thought I would add a few notes of stupidity for our friends over the pond.

The part of US constitution thats states "the right to bare arms" is based on the British Constitution and unfortunatly, we appear to have lost that right on the QT!

All pistols manufactured post April 1918 are prohibited unless on a section 5 license (Not generally available to the public). Anything pre April 1918 can be held on a firearms licence but I think it has to be kept in somthing like a range armoury. (Can anyone confirm that). So you can shoot a 1st WW Colt 1911 but not a WW2 1911A1! (This is how stupid our laws are)

We can own, and shoot all types of rim fire .22" including semi auto weapons, on a firearms licence.

We can own, and shoot large caliber single shot weapons on a firearms licence.

Shot guns have to be a certain length overall and another minimum length in the barrel, and are held on a shotgun licence.

Semi-auto shotguns are legal if 3 shot or less only.

On a Firearms Licence we can own and shoot Weapons like the FAL, M16, and AK as single shot bolt action type weapons, built from scratch as such, and the gas assembly has not been manufactured into the weapon. A full auto weapon can't be retro fitted to bolt action as the weapon, by law, retains its original status.

We need to prove to the Licencing authority (The Police) that we have a valid use for a firearm. We have the right to a Shotgun Licence unless the Police can give a reason why you can't be issued one.

In the UK it is generally beleived that a deactivated gun has to be proofed by one of the 2 Proof houses as such, and that a paper certificate must be kept with the gun. This is a mistake, the proof house system is " A definate defence to prosecution" i.e. We cant be prosecuted for owning a weapon if it has been deactivated in accordance with and stamped by one of the proof houses. A weapon could be deactivated by other means, i.e. so badly corroded that it could never function or sectioning. It would then be down to the Courts to decide if this constituted a weapon or not.

I hope this is of intrest, and perhaps somebody else has some things to add.

I think the pre-1918 pistol can be held on a section 7 and they are held at the range.You are right, anybody can render a firearm incapable of firing a projectile, but it would be upto the courts to decide each one on it's merits.

ian
    ?

so does that mean if you interfered with a deac in some way but it was still not cabable of firing the court could still see it as that and through out the case

or another question why cant we buy spare deac barrels for bren guns to go in the bag or transit chest they are incabable of use so whats that all about?

Technically yes, but it depends on how much of the B*LL S**T the Police tell the court and how much they will believe it.Now days they tend to use terror laws to F**K every body who has an interest in guns,
    Pete.

Reg
    ?

Thanks for that Pete, Its a deplorable state of affairs if the real reason for re-considering the ban is purely financial and not just a victory of common sense and seeing reason.

I emailed in against it back in march, Ild love to think that it was read and considered by some worthy! but the result is probably just my name being added to a list somwhere in the depths of whitehall.

Ian. Other rifles are the usual suspects, SMLE's K98's, but mostly Mosin Nagants (affordable, and a variety of differences) and a few old gems 2 band enfield. And a smattering of new automatics and LMGs.

Regards
    Reg

Hi Ian, in answer to your two previous questions: mess with a deact in anyway is an offence.

Dummy Bren barrels are or were available.

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

so pete how about the barrel question

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast