Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Baretta M34

Article about: Hello gentlemen. I just purchased a M34 Barreta made in 1943. It has the crown lion proof on the tang. Does this mean it was made for the German army? Thanks.

Default Baretta M34

Hello gentlemen. I just purchased a M34 Barreta made in 1943. It has the crown lion proof on the tang. Does this mean it was made for the German army? Thanks.

Show us a photo Jim!...

?

Whats interesting are other stamps....or the lack there of.

Is it also 4UT or WaA marked?

Serial number range?

See here for reference and the combination of markings or lack there of, which are important:

Beretta 1934 1944 dated with Crown Lion Proof

German marked 1944 Beretta pistol

The clever thing would have been to post quality hi-res close-up pics taken in natural light of the gun and all markings.

...................ohh, and its 'Beretta.'

'Baretta' is an American detective television series which ran on ABC from 1975 to 1978 with Robert Blake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baretta M34  

Love these! Great shooters with balance and style. German officers in N.AfriKa preferred these over the German side arms as they were more dependable and easier to service. I handled a stone cold minter with German markings at SOS this year...'44 dated and anodized finish. I don't imagine the Germans changing out the holster as the Italian model went nicely with their uniforms too....available in black, brown, or green.

If you can tell us the serial number on the right side of the slide or the frame we can tell you when it was produced, even without photo.
    The Crown lion is the Gardone proof mark that was in use again after the September 1943.
    I bet your gun is in the G 20000 serial.

?

..............hence why I asked for serial number range in my post above.

OP can obscure one or more numbers from the back end if a problem.
    Request for pics not least because this is a 'War Relic' forum and we like our pics....and guns
    The info listed in the op is FAR too limited (and a bit lazy to be honest).
    Assume you are 'kanister' from the links, I posted?
    OP should get his answer in that case

Quote by Scout View Post
    Assume you are 'kanister' from the links, I posted?
    Yes, from the first link.