Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!

Article about: Hello, people! I've been away for a wild, and already have a question. Friend and I have been searching internet and literature for 3 days and found nothing. We hope that someone here will k

?

Default Re: Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!

I will make some pictures of mine and all will be clear in second. you pulled the trigger, spring pulled the needle down, and then hit it back up, on the mine was a little primer and mine flew out of the barrel...whort version of describing fire. Those two letters are for "SAFE" and "ARMED". It was pretty simple, but very good weapon, introduced into JNA after older version, M49, pretty rare and strange AT weapon. Even the manuals for M49 are rare...
    Manuals for RB 57 (those little red books with five point star) are not hard to find, in slovenia they cost about 15-20e.

Cheers, Jure.

?

Here are a couple of images I had at work. One that shows the safe/arm positions and a page from the manual showing a pretty good cutaway of the firing mechanism. I can see a sear that pivots out so it's tip is under the trigger when the safe/arm ring is twisted to arm. It kind of looks like the firing pin is separate from the "hammer" part just like in the RPG. The firing pin looks like it has it's own spring that keeps it out of the barrel until it is struck by the hammer. I put in the colored cutaway thinking it would help but it's poorly done and too small. I tried to get rid of it but couldn't.
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!   Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

Attached Images Attached Images Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else! 

?

I'm sorry for being late but I had no time...now here is the picture of my RB and a grenade for it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

?

Quote by AK-47 View Post
    I'm sorry for being late but I had no time...now here is the picture of my RB and a grenade for it.
    Very nice launcher !! Thanks for the picture. I enlarged the image of the manual (you probably have an original) that I posted previously. Is there any chance you could translate it enough to tell me what it says the soldier is doing in the pictures ?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

?

Thanks... I also have the other version with scope, but it is in the process of restoration, it has been almost ruined by some too much enthusiastic collector
    I also have M80, M79 Osa and russian Fagot...pictures tomorrow
    All i can read from that picture is "Unscrewing the trigger mechanism"
    I must find my manual...I have it...somewhere

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2