Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!

Article about: Hello, people! I've been away for a wild, and already have a question. Friend and I have been searching internet and literature for 3 days and found nothing. We hope that someone here will k

Default Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!

Hello, people! I've been away for a wild, and already have a question.
    Friend and I have been searching internet and literature for 3 days and found nothing. We hope that someone here will know what is it about.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!   Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!   Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!   Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

Default Re: Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!

Few more pics... I forgot to mention that the device is full of numbers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!   Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

?

Yugoslav peoples army Ručni bombomet RB 57. Used mines, if i will have any time i will post pictures of my two in collections, i also have mines and a bag for mines.
    On yours plastic handles are missing, they were probably melted in fire. There were some types of this antitank weapon, on the last one you can find optical sight. It was effective up to 200 meters.

To be honest with you, I hoped it was something frm WW2. I relied on colour.... thought that it was German colour. Anyway, thanks! It's not so bad, something from our Homeland's War. Although we mostly used M79 90mm Osa and RBR M80 64mm Zolja.

?

Hello Schachbrett and AK-47,
    Here are some pictures that I have at home, most are at work. Here is a link to www,ArmyRecognition.com that has really nice detailed images and cutaways from a manual.
    Army Recognition :: View topic - Yugoslavian Panzerfaust - The M57 Infantry Antitank Weapon
    My main question was how the trigger mechanism worked. I have studied the cutaways and it appears to me that knurled section of the tube in front of the trigger was twisted and pulled down (?) to cock the firing pin and the trigger released it to fire the primer in the grenade body like the RPG-2 and 7. I also have images that show the numbers above the knurled section that can also be seen above filled with red paint . . . adjustments ? For what purpose ?
    Thank you for any information you can supply.
    Kind Regards,
    Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else!  

?

Here is a fuzzy image from an ebay offering for the manual. I was wondering what the image shows on the left . . . an important measurement for the firing mechanism ? I just realized that the first picture I posted showed two holes in the area that is shown in the manual . . . holes to insert a safety pin ?
    Attached Images Attached Images Bazooka? Panzerschreck? Something else! 

Unfortunately, I don't know answers to your questions... Sorry.

?

Hi Schachbrett,
    Happy New Year.
    Yes, I did not expect that you would but since you possess the launcher you are closer to knowing the answer than I am. If the firing mechanism was not damaged in the fire that AK-47 mentioned it should still function. I suspect that the ring with the mark under the "O" acts as the cocking mechanism. P erhaps it is turned to another position to allow it to be pulled down to cock the firing pin inside the tube. Then it is turned back to "O" to allow the firing pin to be released when the trigger is pulled. That makes it like dry firing an ordinary rifle. All the stuff that goes "BOOM" is attached to the tail of the grenade so your launcher is inert and safe.
    If you could try it that would be great, if you don't want to try it that's OK to. It's your launcher and I wish I had it.
    When I get back to work next week I will post the other detail pictures I have accumulated.
    Kind Regards,
    Bill

Actually, it's my friends launcher. I'll have to ask him.

?

Thanks, that would be great. I appreciate the offer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast