Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents

Article about: I've posted this pistol before, but today.......... Several years ago, my father-in-law gave me a pistol he'd acquired from a relative. My father-in-law was a WWII vet who passed away last y

?

Default Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents

I've posted this pistol before, but today..........

Several years ago, my father-in-law gave me a pistol he'd acquired from a relative. My father-in-law was a WWII vet who passed away last year. The pistol as it turned out was a WWII -era Belgian Hi-Power. Unfortunately, it had been chromed at some point. I have had it stripped and reworked(except the gunsmith also blued the barrel instead of leaving it in the white...another project for me) since the value was killed when it was chromed.

Today, though, my wife was working on cleaning out the stable of our property - bought from my inlaws right before I retired from the Army. Her dad kept all kinds of stuff there and she found a manila envelope with papers. As I looked at them tonight when I got home, two of them jumped right out at me - capture certificates. And, when I saw the description...bingo. They are for the Hi Power. Score!!

Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents

Nice surprise and a nice bonus.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Very nice Mark. Ashame concerning the refinish but still a treasured keepsake. Capture Papers are a very nice touch. Thanks for sharing with us.

Strange, these capture papers deal with a 7,65 cal pistol.

No Hi power's made in that caliber, as far as I know.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

The second certificate - issued the month the unit was deactivated and returned to the US - does have the caliber wrong. But, both have the correct SN of the Hi Power.

Classic pistol, i got to shoot some rounds through one in Poland last year!....

?

This one is a b Series and has the Wa140 Waffenamps.

Very nice find.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Glad you restored it. Mind posting a closer shot of each side of the pistol by window light?

Notice there is a pair of 6x30 just under the pistol, do you have those?

?

I'll get some better pictures - not sure if I'll be able to do so before the weekend. Here are a few that show the before/after. You can see the Wa140 waffenamts in both. I don't think we have the binos around - although there is a pair in my in-laws house that I need to look at. My father-in-law never mentioned tham as being from his cousin.

Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents Belgian Hi Power and Capture Documents

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast