Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Beretta

Article about: For me a Browning Hi Power rechambered to .45!...

Default re: Beretta

For me a Browning Hi Power rechambered to .45!...

Or may be a .44 magnum Desert Eagle.
    Pull the trigger and hold on for the ride.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I am a Colt 1911 man also. Smooth weapon with a powerful punch. Beretta is a boat anchor or expensive paper weight.
    LOL - Boat anchor.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

1911 or GP35 - both great, look at how long they've been fielded, that tells you everything you need to know.

*anyone who knows me, or the little films I make, knows of my unhealthy obsession with the 1911, lol.
    Beretta
    http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p...tcher_0453.jpg

Pit.
    I owned a Desert Eagle in .44 (early twenties and movie obsessed) - it was God awful in every dept. with the exception of accuracy, when it didn't FTFeed, FTeject, jam it was also unreasonably heavy.
    I have owned a 4" 629 Smith for 25 years, which is all that a .44 magnum should be, read Elmer Keith of Charles Askins on the subject.

Please, Beretta! not Berretta.
    In italian Berretta is a cap!
    Beretta a gun!
    It's so difficult fight with a cap....... :-)
    For me, the best gun for military us is a 1911, after the beretta model 34.......

?

Sig Sauer 226 is nice pistol..I was using them Iraq before I left the Army..No problems..Only 1 little teeny weeny thing is they are a tad heavy so if you have stuffed down the back of your trousers "pants" or in a pancake holster all day your trousers "pants" tend to fall down...Not good if you are trying to look hard...... Cheers Terry.

I'm not a big fan of Beretta's. Friend of mine owns a stainless steel 92F. Its a complicated gun, and not very accurate. I can think of a hundred guns I would rather have than a Beretta, one of them being a Glock. Never liked Glocks 'till I bought a 27 .40.

For me, I have my two favorite guns. I have a Beretta 92FS that I love. It was my sidearm in the military, so I was familiar with it and picked one up once I got out. I've since upgraded the springs, put OD Green Hogue Grips on it, and had the barrel Ceramic coated in OD green. The gun shoots like a champ. I've put probably about 1,000 rounds through it in the past 2 years and have only had one jam, before replacing a bent spring.

My second gun I love, which is actually my dad's currently but coming to me soon, is his Walther PPK/S. That gun is easy to shoot, and accurate as all get out. It is an older one (around vietnam era, not sure the exact date). The newer Walthers, in my opinion, aren't as nice as the older ones.

I have shot a lot of Glocks, and I won't knock their reliability, they just feel like a toy in my hand. I prefer something that feels solid and fits my hands a little better.

Yes, you prefer 1911 and HP.... but can you explain why so many vets carried home a Beretta on their haversacks?

Default Re: Beretta

Quote by big ned View Post
    Both the Colt and Browning are proven weapons with a lot going for both, that we all know. But IMO, if you were carrying and in a tight spot, the Colt holds 7 rounds but the HP has 13, that could make the difference.
    Up here, for some silly/insane/stupid reason, the 'law' only allows 10 rds
    per magazine so I had to have each one altered/damaged/ruined
    to be legal.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast