Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Beretta 418 Pistol

Article about: Enjoy this Beretta Model 418... Cal. 6.35mm (.25 Auto) and holster.. Proof dated in square box 1938, Beretta slide legend date 1937, Roman Numeral dated 1938, With holster and period ammo...

Default Re: Beretta 418 Pistol

I concur with the above opinions, as i have seen a photo of an Italian General during WWII, packing such a weapon in a tiny holster that was practicaly vanishing around his waistbelt, a contravention to General Patton's ivory-stocked "sixguns".

Pirateer
    ?

This came into my possession after my Grandfather passed away. All my grandmother could tell me was he obtained and carried it during Naval Services in the War. The safety grip tends to malfunction. I suspect that it was filed, but it could be from wear. I don't really know the original condition.

I am not certain but I believe it to be a wartime stamp on the side. At the very least I can say it was manufactured in Gardone Val Trompia, Italy in 1941.

The only thing I'm really unsure of is value (I'm only interested to satisfy my curiosity, I would never sell it), and if the red handle is original. All other photos I've seen have black plastic grips. I am also interested in spare parts (holster, magazines, springs, alternate grips, etc).

Great little pistols boys. I never knew these existed, but I like them !
    Reminds me alot of Colt or FN "Baby" Brownings.

I also noticed the scaled-down design similarities of larger
    Beretta models as 'Kanister' mentioned.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes, this gun was produced in 1941, before october. If I see well it was proofed in 1942.
    The red grip panel is not original, but is nice, I like it.

?

Quote by emileverbunt View Post
    Hi,

I wonder why someone would pack a pistol with such a puny round? Were they private purchase for staff officer use only, or were they carried by junior offircers as well?

Cheers,
    Emile
    It's a nice little compact weapon. I'm sure it will get the job done, and if someone pointed this gun at you, the round would not seem so puny any longer.

Excellent Beretta, Pirateer...
    The grips are not original, as the the orig. grips are hard black plastic with PB logo on them. If you live in other place than the US or Italy it's hard to find orig. grips or parts. If you type Beretta grips in the web you might get results...
    Maybe BILL can help you out, as he has in his possession a marvelous B 418 or perhaps kanister...
    Thanos

Sorry, but also in Italy is not so simple: I am searching for a grip for the Beretta model 950 and I have not yet found it.
    It is simpler and cheaper to buy a complete gun.

Beretta 418 Pistol
    Quote by COLT 1911A1 View Post
    Maybe BILL can help you out, as he has in his possession a marvelous B 418 or perhaps kanister...
    Thanos
    Gun Grip - Search Results
    Last edited by Bill Grist; 12-02-2011 at 06:10 PM.

Quote by kanister View Post
    Sorry, but also in Italy is not so simple: I am searching for a grip for the Beretta model 950 and I have not yet found it.
    It is simpler and cheaper to buy a complete gun.

Beretta 418 Pistol
    Try NC ordnance in wilson NC.....BILL

Gun Grip - Search Results
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Thank you Bill, if they send to Italy I shall buy the white ones.
    I can't find the ones with the script "Beretta", while are wery common the ones with the three arrows.

Man you guys really get me goin as I have a nice 418
    They are great . mine is post war , but man I love the way the aluminum alloy
    Frames are either gold silver or green. I have a green 418 and a green 948 modeled after the
    1934, but in 22lr . Also have a 950 with4" barrel in 22 short. "looks like a little Luger kinda ha!
    Also have the 1949 Vincenzo vernardelli in 22 long I got from my buddy who was in the navy post ww2.
    He walked into a gunshop with a cigarette in hid ear, he tells me the owner saw the smoke in his ear ins offered him a deal, guns for smokes , haha so Tom my buddy says he went back to the warship and bought two cartons of smokes for like 3 or 4.25 and traded those for a couple guns and had bought a couple wow!
    He then tells menthe bought 2 cuckoo clocks and waited until nite to take one clock out of a box and throw it overboard, then put the pistols with all their fixins in the box and sealed it back up.
    That's how I got a portion of my collection.
    Of course my buddy had then gone on to own many gun stores after getting out of the navy,
    He had a whole score of ww2 era pistols , I cannot even begin to day but my pictures will soon lol
    Awesome guns guys !!!
    948 gold
    948 green
    418 green
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Beretta 418 Pistol   Beretta 418 Pistol  

Attached Images Attached Images Beretta 418 Pistol 
    Last edited by chuck303; 12-20-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3