Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Beretta M1935 Bring Back

Article about: I picked up a really nice bring back gun. I purchased from the veterans son. The short backstory is the vet started to have symptoms of dementia about 15 years ago. The vet hid the gun under

Default Beretta M1935 Bring Back

I picked up a really nice bring back gun. I purchased from the veterans son. The short backstory is the vet started to have symptoms of dementia about 15 years ago. The vet hid the gun under the floor boards of the attic and was not found until a remodel of the attic after the vets passing. My first question to the son was ‘Are you sure you do not want to keep this piece of history in the family or future children? He clearly stated no.
    The gun and extra mag were brought wrapped in an old cotton rag stuffed inside the green bag and then in the original shipping bag from LA to MN. I do not think it has seen the light of day since it was brought home. I could not find any markings on the green bag but it does look like some type of military bag. The US Army Tag and Customs declaration were also in the bag. The gun has the 4 UT stamp for the German acceptance quality control. Orders were shipped to the German army. The left slides are blank post serial 600,000. I was pretty excited to preserve the history. Thoughts or opinions are welcome and appreciated. May have taken a few too many pics..
    John

Beretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring Back

Additional Pics
    John

Beretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring BackBeretta M1935 Bring Back

MAP
    ?

Great piece and story

I see you have the name. Did you get more info on what the Vet did? Unit? Battles?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Great piece and story

I see you have the name. Did you get more info on what the Vet did? Unit? Battles?
    I have not had a chance to do that and really do not know how to get all the details. I must not be searching correctly.
    John

Nice score Rescue and I like the story behind it on how you acquired it. Wonder how many others have been hidden away like your pistol. Thanks for sharing.

Nice Pistol ..
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Another great pick up.

Congrats on that find.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    I have not had a chance to do that and really do not know how to get all the details. I must not be searching correctly.
    John
    I though maybe the family has some information that they gave to you. If not, maybe Smitty could help with advice since you have the name.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The 4UT was not a German mark but an Italian mark: it means "4° Ufficio Tecnico" and worked also before the Germans took control of Italy.

?

Great Piece

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast