Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Best Present EVER My all matching CVW45 vet bring back

Article about: A very nice rifle,however it is in an earlier style stock,here is the stock it should be in for a late model SVW45.....Pete.

?

Default Re: Best Present EVER My all matching CVW45 vet bring back

A very nice rifle,however it is in an earlier style stock,here is the stock it should be in for a late model SVW45.....Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Best Present EVER  My all matching CVW45 vet bring back  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Great looking rifle. It even has the sight hood. Great addition to your collection.
    Thanks for sharing.
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    A very nice rifle,however it is in an earlier style stock,here is the stock it should be in for a late model SVW45.....Pete.
    Im sorry but you are incorrect on this. It is in original stock. It is a C* stock un numbered with the correct 135 Wa in the correct places. The C* marked stocks on the keel of butt are absolutely correct for cvw45 gun.

?

The stock was sprayed with stain after the gun was entirely completed sling and all, hence the sling that was on it has stain over-spray and the sling cut out was blocked by sling from receiving stain. Notice the take down washer and recoil lug also have a coating of wood stain on them. The bands are un-numbered and correct as well. The lower band is stamped and welded, and the upper band is late war sintered iron type. The stamped cupped butt plate is un marked and un numbered as it should be.

?

B1 ; Very decent late 98k example. Stock should not be serialed in the channel nor under handguard. It is very correct for an A block svw. Anyhow they did not 'spray' stock. They simply rubbed it down with a saturated rag. This rifle was likely liberated from a crate or somesuch as by that late the germans had a super hard time to get such arms to the front. I knew a veteran whom brougth back a consecutive serialed pair of P38's... He and his buds came upon a couple of abandoned trucks on a german road and they were loaded to the top with crates of unissued small arms.

- - Updated - -

B1 ; Very decent late 98k example. Stock should not be serialed in the channel nor under handguard. It is very correct for an A block svw. Anyhow they did not 'spray' stock. They simply rubbed it down with a saturated rag. This rifle was likely liberated from a crate or somesuch as by that late the germans had a super hard time to get such arms to the front. I knew a veteran whom brougth back a consecutive serialed pair of P38's... He and his buds came upon a couple of abandoned trucks on a german road and they were loaded to the top with crates of unissued small arms.

?

Well,I certainly was wrong this time,very nice all correct
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Very nice rifle. With all matching numbers it is an increasingly excellent find.

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Well,I certainly was wrong this time,very nice all correct
    No shame in it! I am wrong all the time! LOL A person would have to be near genius to know everything there is to know about every variant that was produced just during the war years alone. Just when I think I know everything there is to know about a particular maker for a particular year, I find out something that I didnt know. In some ways that's the best part about collecting these rifles, it doesn't get boring because there is always something new to learn or re-learn. ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2