Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

blood rust

Article about: by big ned Blood rust = The loose personal valuation'for what you think it's worth' is probably the truest thing said. The guy's trying to give the impression it's been used in combat and ki

?

Harry if only these helmets could talk. Gary

More than a few guys do seem to get off on having the more gruesome items in their collection. I once had a guy PM me a story about his SS lid having a piece of skull with hair stuck to the inside. In his words it was "cool, huh?"

[QUOTE=peribeca;65523]ice BUT ..please share your knowledge and thoughts on this "blood rust" thing;

Lou[/QUOTE

German photographer Simon Menner pictures of objects that have become tools of murder. In his photo series can be seen as a variety of knives, as well as unusual items, such as a hammer stone or bronze statues. All images are sold - anyone can decorate your life photograph the murder weapon in a wooden frame.

The creator of the project due to the police department in Berlin for kindly providing access to these objects, which are evidence in murder cases.

The topic requires a definitive example of blood corrosion on weapons.
    I feel that this is important when pricing an item and the safe trade of such an item.

This should do fine as proof enough (see photos below):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture blood rust   blood rust  

blood rust  

?

COLONEL666 I am starting to think you may have a few issues and might need a little bit of therapy I do know of a good doctor that may be able to help.

Regards Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images blood rust 

?

Quote by COLONEL666 View Post
    German photographer Simon Menner pictures of objects that have become tools of murder. In his photo series can be seen as a variety of knives, as well as unusual items, such as a hammer stone or bronze statues. All images are sold - anyone can decorate your life photograph the murder weapon in a wooden frame.

The creator of the project due to the police department in Berlin for kindly providing access to these objects, which are evidence in murder cases.

The topic requires a definitive example of blood corrosion on weapons.
    I feel that this is important when pricing an item and the safe trade of such an item.

This should do fine as proof enough (see photos below):
    I'm loath to state the obvious, but an already corroded knife could well be used for a crime such as attacking another person.

Sometimes rust is just rust.

Patina Definition: a surface appearance of something grown beautiful, especially with age or use, which adds value to an antique or collectible and should not be cleaned Pronunciation: pa-tee-nah Also Known As: the green film formed naturally on copper or bronze with exposure, or artificially with the use of acids.

This definition of patina that generally increases the value of antiques is quote from Pamela Wiggins (see photo below). She has been in the antiques business ever since she was small.
    I clean off the verdigris (ex. belly hairs, bugs, intestine membranes, dried skin, blood) because it can give me a very bad infection if I accidentally get cut handling the item at live trade shows.
    Most people avoid items that have been buried with dead soldiers like there was "bad luck" connected to it.
    Still for the record any genuine photo examples of "blood rust" on bayonets would help.
    In order to debate, one needs to get ones ducks in a row in regards to the terms used in the first place.

Verdigris is NOT ".... belly hairs, bugs, intestine membranes, dried skin, blood."

Verdigris as per Merriam-Webster:

ver·di·gris noun \ˈvər-də-ˌgrēs, -ˌgris, -grəs also -ˌgrē\

Definition of VERDIGRIS

a : a green or greenish-blue poisonous pigment resulting from the action of acetic acid on copper and consisting of one or more basic copper acetates

b : normal copper acetate Cu(C2H3O2)2·H2O

: a green or bluish deposit especially of copper carbonates formed on copper, brass, or bronze surfaces.

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    More than a few guys do seem to get off on having the more gruesome items in their collection. I once had a guy PM me a story about his SS lid having a piece of skull with hair stuck to the inside. In his words it was "cool, huh?"
    Yeah, seems some get a kick out of that, as we've seen again and again on the forum.
    Morbid and more than a little disgusting

Default Off Topic

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    COLONEL666 I am starting to think you may have a few issues and might need a little bit of therapy I do know of a good doctor that may be able to help.

Regards Mark
    This remark attacking me a member like all others is uncalled for and inflamatory. It is slander against my good nature and helpfulness.
    I ask again to the administration of this site to ban the remark and close the topic before more of this behavior occurs.

This remark attacking me a member like all others is uncalled for and inflamatory. It is slander against my good nature and helpfulness.
    I ask again to the administration of this site to ban the remark and close the topic before more of this behavior occurs.
    I assume it was posted somewhat tongue in cheek and was intended to be humorous.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I assume it was posted somewhat tongue in cheek and was intended to be humorous.
    My impression as well. I believe is was meant as a harmless/humorous comment following the obscure/bizarre 'murder art' mentioned as being for sale in post #43.

?

Yes I have some what of a sinical sense of humour at times no disrespect meant and it was in referance to post 43 Colonel666 my apauligies as it was not meant as a personal attack.

Regards Mark

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast