Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

blood rust

Article about: by big ned Blood rust = The loose personal valuation'for what you think it's worth' is probably the truest thing said. The guy's trying to give the impression it's been used in combat and ki

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Harry if only these helmets could talk. Gary
    It is probably as well they cannot. I fear there would be some VERY disappointed owners!

?

A lot of helmets sat on a post and were shot to hell. My dad tells a story how when he was younger his uncle shot one whith his hunting rifle to prove to him that they were not bul let proof. Side note at the time he shot it they were living in the city .

Quote by Scout View Post
    I

Verdigris is NOT ".... belly hairs, bugs, intestine membranes, dried skin, blood."

Verdigris as per Merriam-Webster:

ver·di·gris noun \ˈvər-də-ˌgrēs, -ˌgris, -grəs also -ˌgrē\

Definition of VERDIGRIS

a : a green or greenish-blue poisonous pigment resulting from the action of acetic acid on copper and consisting of one or more basic copper acetates
    Try to read your own thread more carefully because "poisonous" pigment will get you very bad infection if you accidentally get cut handling the item.
    Attached Images Attached Images blood rust 

Poor old Jack Elam.........
    Regards,

Steve.

The flesh-eating bacterium called Hemolytic Streptococcus is a rapidly spreading infection. Intense local heat, redness, swelling, fever, and weakness characterize this rapidly developing infection. The infection can start with a small abrasion or injury. This condition requires immediate medical treatment. It can result in amputation and/or death. Treatment consists of surgical removal of the infected tissue and IV antibiotics and supportive care as needed for any failing body functions.

One i bought a while bac. Inside wat pitted really bad but seller said it wasnt from a grave.

New Addition to my ww2 collection by Marc Russo (Australia), on Flickr

?

Quote by COLONEL666 View Post
    Try to read your own thread more carefully because "poisonous" pigment will get you very bad infection if you accidentally get cut handling the item.
    "What we have here....is a failure....to communicate!"

First of all this is not my thread - Im not the OP and Ive written nothing about poison in any way, shape or form.

Secondly, Im not disputing, that a person can get sick from something. That is not the point AT ALL; Im merely telling you, that you got the definition of 'verdigris' wrong.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Poor old Jack Elam.........

He is great.

I can watch '"Support Your Local Gunfighter" till the cows come home.

Quote by COLONEL666 View Post
    The flesh-eating bacterium called Hemolytic Streptococcus is a rapidly spreading infection.
    You are, of course, referring to Group A Streptococcus, more commonly known as S. pyrogenes. Whilst it is true that it does indeed cause necrotizing fasciitis, it far more commonly causes far less severe conditions. The infections you are referring to are caused by a specific sub-type, Group A β-hemolytic streptococcus. It is responsible for around 500,000 global deaths per year, but only a small proportion of these are due to your 'flesh-eating' infection type.

Quote by Scout View Post
    ... but an already corroded knife could well be used for a crime such as attacking another person.

Sometimes rust is just rust.

Sometimes but not this time:

The main construction of the guillotine has always been the same since its invention in 1792 until the abbolision of the deathpenalty in 1981. But changes and improvements were made.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast